Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hasdil in Konya is hiring..... again!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
golsa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Hasdil in Konya is hiring..... again! Reply with quote

The ad: http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=32500

I interviewed with with this outfit quite some time ago, but am not surprised to see that they're looking.... again. 6 hours a day/6 days a week, live on site, and meals provided by the school owner's family (who you will be living with). All of that for $1,000 month! Who wouldn't go for that! Especially in Konya!
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hasdil in Konya is hiring..... again! Reply with quote

golsa wrote:

I interviewed with with this outfit quite some time ago, but am not surprised to see that they're looking.... again. 6 hours a day/6 days a week, live on site, and meals provided by the school owner's family (who you will be living with). All of that for $1,000 month! Who wouldn't go for that! Especially in Konya!

It looks like they're having trouble finding teachers. The same ad appeared today, August 15.

http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=32805
CVN-76

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently there is a lot of that going around in Turkville, the disease known as can't-find-enough-teachers-osis. It's believed its origins are the continents of Low Pay, Automatic Passing, Apathetic Students, and Incompetent DOSs. It's most common means of transmission is the word-of-mouth vector. It's highly contagious. The only treatments known for this disease are decent pay, serious students, and true professional work environments.
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CVN-76 wrote:
Apparently there is a lot of that going around in Turkville, the disease known as can't-find-enough-teachers-osis. It's believed its origins are the continents of Low Pay, Automatic Passing, Apathetic Students, and Incompetent DOSs. It's most common means of transmission is the word-of-mouth vector. It's highly contagious. The only treatments known for this disease are decent pay, serious students, and true professional work environments.

Awesome post.

I just had a horrible experience with UKLA Academy in Bursa. To make a long story short, I got kicked out of Turkey for 90 days because UKLA didn't have a clue how about the new residence visa requirements. I was penalized for their incompetence.

I told my boss that it had been my experience in Turkey that many owners/directors don't understand a simple reality in this business, namely that native English speaking teachers. especially those who have ESL teaching experience, need them a lot less than they need us. Jobs like UKLA or Hasdil are a dime a dozen in Turkey. Not to mention the pay is way less than other countries.

Some of these owners/directors seem to think that people are waiting in long lines to work six days/week for extremely low pay and bad working conditions. They are delusional.
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CVN-76 wrote:

Awesome post.

I just had a horrible experience with UKLA Academy in Bursa. To make a long story short, I got kicked out of Turkey for 90 days because UKLA didn't have a clue how about the new residence visa requirements. I was penalized for their incompetence.

I told my boss that it had been my experience in Turkey that many owners/directors don't understand a simple reality in this business, namely that native English speaking teachers. especially those who have ESL teaching experience, need them a lot less than they need us. Jobs like UKLA or Hasdil are a dime a dozen in Turkey. Not to mention the pay is way less than other countries.

Some of these owners/directors seem to think that people are waiting in long lines to work six days/week for extremely low pay and bad working conditions. They are delusional.
coratheexplorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is $1000 low for full time work there?
Wasatchteacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coratheexplorer wrote:
So is $1000 low for full time work there?

I hope you are joking
billy orr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is 2100TL which is quite good for language school work in a provincial town for a reasonable workload of up to 30 contact hours.

But I think in this case the problem is more about the unreasonable workload and employer's expectations.

Last edited by billy orr on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
coratheexplorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, yes I did mean in dollars.

It seems like that's the ceiling for language center jobs in so many countries, and for about that number of hours. So Turkey is right in line with Thailand, China, Russia, Indonesia in that regard
mysterytrain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hasdil in Konya is hiring..... again! Reply with quote

golsa wrote:

Ad was re-posted again, September 20th ...

"Accomomadation, and meals are all provided."

Accomomadation? Guess it really is staying with Mom!

Surprised
CANDLES

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And today as well on Tefl.com! Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: