Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The AEON Schedule, Deconstructed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maitoshi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad part is that you are trying to derail another thread and make it about you again, mateacher. If we go back through your posts, we would be hard pressed to find a single one that doesn't attempt to get a rise out of others through varied insults, throw in a smattering of personal success stories under the guise of inspiration, or work to defend the preceding as the innocent victim of others' attacks (obviously the result of insane jealousy).

It's sad, not because we know you are a fraud, but because you spend your time doing this for kicks rather than all the other stuff you purportedly have going for you.

It's even sadder that I'm bored enough to play along and very much look forward to your posts, so much so, in fact, that I have been checking throughout the day over the last few weeks. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm even enjoying it more than you. That's probably the saddest part, actually.

I'm hoping to see more of your work, but I'd like to see some variation in your technique. The insult, self praise, envy defense is starting to lose its novelty.
Maitoshi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rxk22 wrote:
Maitoshi wrote:
You're just sad, dude.

Please just ignore the troll. Honestly, we all need to just report his posts, and hope he gets banned.

Sorry, I've been busy feeding him out of boredom. I'm just as guilty of this by playing along, yet I hope we don't get banned.
rtm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rxk22 wrote:
You'd never think it from looking at the men here

Good write up, gives one a lot to consider. Shocked

I thought it was interesting how they defined "masculinity" though -- i.e., a society "driven by competition, achievement and success, with success being defined by the winner / best in field". Is wanting to be the best an inherently masculine trait?
mitsui

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the union so I can't get fired without the school paying the price.
I just wanted to know if it was legal or not and it is illegal.
This place was in trouble with Mombusho over a privacy leak so they know
they are on a short leash.

When Japanese run meetings that are long it seems normal but when they have a foreign teacher do it, it seems weird.
Shimokitazawa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mitsui wrote:
I am in the union so I can't get fired without the school paying the price.
I just wanted to know if it was legal or not and it is illegal.
This place was in trouble with Mombusho over a privacy leak so they know
they are on a short leash.

When Japanese run meetings that are long it seems normal but when they have a foreign teacher do it, it seems weird.

Sounds like Meiji Gakuin University or one like it with tons of coordinated teaching. I normally stay well away from such programs if I can.
Shimokitazawa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maitoshi wrote:
The sad part is that you are trying to derail another thread and make it about you again, mateacher. If we go back through your posts, we would be hard pressed to find a single one that doesn't attempt to get a rise out of others through varied insults, throw in a smattering of personal success stories under the guise of inspiration, or work to defend the preceding as the innocent victim of others' attacks (obviously the result of insane jealousy).

It's sad, not because we know you are a fraud, but because you spend your time doing this for kicks rather than all the other stuff you purportedly have going for you.

It's even sadder that I'm bored enough to play along and very much look forward to your posts, so much so, in fact, that I have been checking throughout the day over the last few weeks. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm even enjoying it more than you. That's probably the saddest part, actually.

I'm hoping to see more of your work, but I'd like to see some variation in your technique. The insult, self praise, envy defense is starting to lose its novelty.

maitoshi,

Don't feed the trolls, bro!
rxk22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shimokitazawa wrote:

Yep, let's all just agree to just never respond to him, and remind others to not bother as well if they accidentally respond to him.
ssjup81

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rtm wrote:
rxk22 wrote:
You'd never think it from looking at the men here

Good write up, gives one a lot to consider. Shocked

I thought it was interesting how they defined "masculinity" though -- i.e., a society "driven by competition, achievement and success, with success being defined by the winner / best in field". Is wanting to be the best an inherently masculine trait?
Wow, it's now clear. I'm a man trapped in a woman's body! I had no idea that being ambitious in some regards was so masculine. I must come out to my family now. lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maitoshi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shimokitazawa wrote:
maitoshi,

There should be a sign! Wink
mateacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meiji gakuin 27500 per koma, rather.
Union or not if there arent enough students they do not need to renew you as you are on yearly contracts. There is no point paying union duesare a part timer at a uni.
rslrunner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, to review:

1. Aeon continues to write on its website that job responsibilities include "a 40-hour workweek consisting of a standard number of 25 teaching hours, with the remaining hours spent on office responsibilities."

Link here: http://www.aeonet.com/life-at-aeon/expectations-and-responsibilities/

2. Aeon specifically requires its employees to work 42.5 hours a work week. This is based on the schedule provided at the beginning of this thread.

There is no need to discuss preparation time for classes. This is strictly about what Aeon tells prospective employees about the work week before arriving in Japan, and what it does once employees arrive in Japan.

If the schedule I provided is incorrect, someone needs to let me know. Otherwise, I must conclude the following:

Aeon, as a matter of course, is deliberately misleading and deceiving its prospective employees. There is no other way to put this. This would also be illegal behavior in the United States and in most places around the world.

Cultural differences and the Japanese values related to honne and tatamae cannot justify this behavior. It is wrong, everywhere in this world, to tell an employee that he or she must work more hours than previously stated and promised.

I don't expect Aeon to change their ways. That's because the company is predicated on the notion that they have the right to manipulate their employees as they see fit. They lack decency.

Nor do I expect any representative from Aeon to address this simple post. That's because they cannot admit to the wider world their true nature and intentions. That makes them cowards.
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still tilting at those windmills then?
Maitoshi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I'd almost forgotten about this thread! Long time no see, rsl!
rslrunner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HLJHLJ wrote:
Still tilting at those windmills then?

Yup.

HLJHLJ, do you think people should tell each other the truth?
natsume

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This and mateacher in the same week? Popcorn time!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 11 of 23

Jump to: