Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Golf in Riyadh???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
el_gringo_que_viaja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Golf in Riyadh??? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there any golf courses open to the public in Riyadh? I have read that there is one at the Intercontinental Hotel, but hotel courses are usually only for the guests. I also know that there are a bunch of private ones for oil company employees, but I am sure that EFL teachers can't play on those.... so, are there any other golf courses, or do I have to leave my clubs at home?
johnslat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Tee for two Reply with quote

Dear el_gringo_que_viaja,
Well, the only one I'm familiar with (but I'm not a golfer) is in the Arizona compound:

http://www.agr.com.sa/

which bills itself as

"The Only Residential Western Expatriate Golf Resort in Riyadh."

I suppose if you weren't living on the compound (and, as a teacher, you won't be), you might get to know someone who does); contacts (wasta) are so important.

But a web search turned this up:

"Riyadh is well endowed with Golf Courses. Three grass courses are located at: the Intercon, tel 404 2222, The Arizona Golf Resort - part of an expat compound! Tel Marty Cowal on 248 4444 ext 454, fax 248 5486 and e-mail [email protected] and Dirab Golf Course- contact their pro, Jim Christie on 498 0018. Green fees are around 135SR"

That's from:

http://www.hasher.net/Riyadh/Riyadh.htm

(Love the "title" of the page):

RIYADH

The Dead Center of Saudi Arabia

Regards,
John

P.S. Got to admit - I like your style. Not only heading over there now, given the current circumstances, but your apparent only concern is whether you can get in a fair 18. Good show!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: