Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MISY Yangon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voyager2

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: MISY Yangon Reply with quote

Is anyone able to shed light on dealings with MISY Yangon, and what they're like as an employer?

I'd also be interested hearing from anyone currently on the ground in Yangon, and if electricity outages may have been improving recently with new turbines being bought online. With thanks,
bentanddisfunctional

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can pm you email of a current teacher there if you like

let me know
peas4luck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FABULOUS students…………HORRIBLE administration.

Living in Yangon is very expensive, it's difficult to save money and VERY difficult to find a decent place to live and the school does nothing to help you find accommodation.

Rainy season is really tough. Dry season is beautiful but extremely hot.

Exciting but still a very much developing country. Many expat/western places opening but they are all very expensive and out of reach on this salary.

Thank God for the 70 day visa run rule! I would not have survived without it.

All in all, I would stay away. There are much better contracts elsewhere. If you are dying to see Myanmar, work somewhere else in Asia and come here on holiday in the dry season. It's not work the constant hassle and headaches from the administration.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yangon sounds very much like its neighboor to the east....very expensive, traffic choked, polluted, crowded with MASSES of people, school administrators that are incompetent and weather which is rainy and steaming hot and dry most of the year...am I missing anything else...oh yes and guest houses/pensions offering Bed & Breakfast full of EFL backpackers from Kao Sarn Road looking for work as EDUTAINERS!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: