Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salient Federal Solutions Aviation Australia Riyadh College?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you are a migrant worker ! How would you expect to be treated ?
With the respect due to you because of your superior intellectual and cultural status ?

If you display contempt and arrogance towards your Saudi students do you expect that interaction with them will be easy ?

I taught in many different countries and I honestly would not say KSA was the most difficult.
BajaLaJaula

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by BajaLaJaula on Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yasuke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing new, huh?
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In schools in KSA security do not even frisk students for guns as they enter. A very backward culture !
desertdawg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any recent news? I applied a few weeks ago.

My expected salary is SAR18000. Is the deal getting better with an accommodation allowance?

Thanks
Desert Dueller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Salient Federal Solutions Aviation Australia Riyadh Reply with quote

Is 18k all-in? Incl housing allowance?
Forget about it. My advice: don't go there. It's out in the sticks, behind the RUH airport, no taxis, so u r reliant on company transport, car pooling or renting a car. There goes a big chunk of your income. Bad HR vibes as well.
desertdawg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for accommodation and transport allowances in addition to the 18000. The original ad suggested 50% of salary payable for transport and accommodation. That would make it pretty attractive. But I think I am dreaming.

Will bear in mind what you said about location and HR. Thanks
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18,000 SAR will be the total figure, I would think. The colleges don't offer accommodation and just throw everything in as one package.
BajaLaJaula

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recruiter paints a rosy picture. The reality is very different from what I have heard. Don't jump before you've been able to get a more accurate picture of what this gig really entails.

If you have a Masters degree and a few years of experience you may be able to find something that pays more.
MartinEFL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

I have an interview with them today. 18000SAR is loads of money isn't it? Even if it includes housing.
Desert Dueller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Salient Federal Solutions Aviation Australia Riyadh Reply with quote

Last year they were offering 15500 plus 55000 housing per year. Obviously salaries have gone south. If your place of work was in town, with close proximity to transport and possibly even renting nearby, you could actually save a bit of your housing and transportation allowances. With the Aviation College, this is not an option: it is an isolated location, quite a drive out of town, no cheap food places nearby to duck out during lunch, no taxis (so a permanent driver, car pool, own rental car is required, which can be costly and unreliable to boot) and absolutely no accommo nearby, let alone within walking distance. The college is badly run and has a high staff turnover. Also, I was told that I would be teaching six periods per day, 5 days a week, with the same group. You have a bad bunch of cadets that you don't really get on with and you're really up shit creek without a paddle.....steer clear of this joint. Btw, the Australian dean walked after not even a year in the job....
MartinEFL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: no Reply with quote

You have the same class of students for 6 hours a day??? Unreal!!! I just interviewed with them today. They said HR will let me know the salary when I asked. They use Headway and KET/PET course books. I've used those before I told them. Where does anyone want to go in Riyadh anyway even if it's out in the sticks? You can't go anywhere in Riyadh much except restaurants and mobile phone shops. I had a coach take me to and from my accom when I was at Al Faisal Academy. Took 30-45min each way. 4 trips a day. Maybe it's better to stay out in the sticks. Is the accom provided and nearby AARC?
bigdurianthesecond

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

MartinEFL wrote:
I have an interview with them today. 18000SAR is loads of money isn't it? Even if it includes housing.

Id' say it's not loads of money. For military it's low I think. Most military jobs should be 20-25k a month plus housing provided.

That has been my experience from people I have known at different places over time.

But it's all relevant to what you're willing to go for.
bigdurianthesecond

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: no Reply with quote

MartinEFL wrote:
You have the same class of students for 6 hours a day??? Unreal!!! I just interviewed with them today. They said HR will let me know the salary when I asked. They use Headway and KET/PET course books. I've used those before I told them. Where does anyone want to go in Riyadh anyway even if it's out in the sticks? You can't go anywhere in Riyadh much except restaurants and mobile phone shops. I had a coach take me to and from my accom when I was at Al Faisal Academy. Took 30-45min each way. 4 trips a day. Maybe it's better to stay out in the sticks. Is the accom provided and nearby AARC?

Presumably if you live in Riyadh for a while you'll get to know people in different compounds. Although there are many dotted around from say, exits 7-10, on the eastern ring road, it's a bit of a way to go for a night out. Traffic can be a nightmare too. Having your own car would be the best option, although others on this forum will tell you it's not necessary, or the worst thing you can do.
yep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not military. It's an aviation focused vocational college. Part of the COE project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: