Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

instituto britannico?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lmund

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: instituto britannico? Reply with quote

Hi

I've just been offered a job in Santiago with the Instituto Britannico and I found some rather scathing remarks on them, which I can't find any more. I've had my fingers burnt in a previous teaching job so I really want to research them properly before I give an answer. Does anyone have either positive or negative experience with them? Is the wage enough to live off? What is Santiago like? Do you really get your visa money back and do they actually cover the cost of the flight or is that a hook?

Any information would be really helpful.

thanks
dackinator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I worked there a few years ago. It's the best paying pure efl school in Santiago, by a long shot.

Yes you get your visa money back as soon as you arrive, they pay for flights, and assuming nothing has changed then you also get a housing subsidy that will cover the majority of your rent.

As for downsides, well there are several schools and the director at each will decide your timetable and duties, and some will work you harder than others. But considering you will be earning maybe 40% more than at wall street or another school, the work is fair. And the president/vice president are very good people, with a positive attitude to education.

The only true negative I can think of is that split shifts are almost certain - mornings teach, afternoons free, and evenings teach again. But it's easy to find a home near your school which makes it less of an invconvenience. If you want to work in chile, it is definitely the top efl school i recommend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: