Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying a Z visa? Be super careful!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
True Blue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Buying a Z visa? Be super careful! Reply with quote

There was an old woman with a baby hustling fake diplomas and TEFL certificates in front of a famous university on a sidewalk - you know the same hags that peddle the "fa piaos" and fake driver licenses. Anyway, I bought a license with a Chinese name just to goof with my friends and chicks I meet, and then the old lady asked me if I wanted to buy a Z visa for 5,000yuan and showed me a stack her friend was holding, already pre-printed - I guess for other customers. They had that waxed paper on the back that you just peel off. Freaked me out. She insisted the numbers were registered inside the PSB computer system. Yeah right! I'd hate to be the moron who gets caught with one of these suckers in his passport!
http://www.realscam.com/f8/china-work-z-visa-scam-alert-job-recruiters-now-peddling-m-visas-fake-z-visas-foreign-teachers-3544/

Last edited by True Blue on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Alien abductee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If such visas even exist (which I doubt) your brain would have to be completely starved of oxygen to think they could be used. Only people affiliated with the CFTU could possibly be that retarded.
Alien abductee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Buying a Z visa? Be super careful! Reply with quote

True Blue wrote:
and then the old lady asked me if I wanted to buy a Z visa for 5,000yuan and showed me a stack her friend was holding, already pre-printed - I guess for other customers. They had that waxed paper on the back that you just peel off. Freaked me out. She insisted the numbers were registered inside the PSB computer system. Yeah right! I'd hate to be the sucker who gets caught with one of these suckers in his passport!

If such visas even exist (which I doubt) your brain would have to be completely starved of oxygen to think they could be used. Only people affiliated with the CFTU could possibly be that retarded.
True Blue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: M & Z Visas being sold to China foreign teachers - bewar Reply with quote

I guess they are also selling 1 year M visas too... some Chinese woman actually selling them with an ad in thebeijinger.com!!!

http://www.thebeijinger.com/forum/2014/11/03/m-visa

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20141108043827AAwWKW9

http://www.bjstuff.com/profiles/blogs/new-m-visa-scam-gets-china-foreign-teachers-arrested-in-devious

"What started last month as a PSB crack down on fake teachers using fake university degrees turned into an investigation of China job agents selling counterfeit TEFL certificates, university degrees, and student transcripts in an unexpected turn of events, when the PSB authorities seized the smart phones of the recruiters caught selling the fake documents. The PSB started contacting expat teachers who answered telephone calls in English with a surprise offer..."Want to buy a M visa to stay in China a year with multiple entries?" Apparently so many teachers took the bait that the busted recruiters were made one of those proverbial offers you cannot refuse... Cooperate in a police sting or go directly to jail and do not pass go.

So a few days ago, ads began appearing at thebeijinger, craiglist, and eslteacher café offering illegal goodies for sale to expat foreign teachers already in China and those abroad that have their eyes on a China adventure. The three items being offered were...

M Visa in the general forum of thebeijinger.com

TEFL certificate within 72 hours at eslteachercafe.com (ad was removed yesterday)

University Degrees needed to teach in China at craigslist

To be very clear, it is illegal to teach anything other than art, music, dance, or culture on an M Visa in China and even then the invitation letter must come from a certified culture, music, art, or dance academy that has a special SAIC license and ministry of culture registration number and seal.

Not many foreigners know about these strict requirements so easily believe the sales pitches they hear and shell out up to $1,500USD for a visa that has a 50% of getting them arrested an deported and 100% odds when the recruiters are being managed by the police in a sting operation.

When traveling to ANY country, we foreigners must stop taking the word and advice of people who want to sell us some service or product and check with our own embassies because the PSB in China is no longer just giving warnings like they used to do prior to 2013.

For now be on guard against recruiters who contact you, especially those listed in post no. 6 at this link http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=620155 If you have ANY doubts about China's current visa laws we can send you a free copy of them in English for free - just send an email to visalaws{at}chinaforeignteachersunion.org and one of our volunteers will send it to you within 72 hours."
buravirgil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: M & Z Visas being sold to China foreign teachers - b Reply with quote

True Blue wrote:
Not many foreigners know about these strict requirements so easily believe the sales pitches they hear and shell out up to $1,500USD for a visa that has a 50% of getting them arrested an deported and 100% odds when the recruiters are being managed by the police in a sting operation.

When traveling to ANY country, we foreigners must stop taking the word and advice of people who want to sell us some service or product and check with our own embassies because the PSB in China is no longer just giving warnings like they used to do prior to 2013.

Not many foreigners? An assertion that serves an ambition to provide agency where none is needed. I'm reading a sales pitch about sales pitches amusingly similar (somewhat) to the excuses of a racketeer's goons demanding protection money.

Have you asked for any money? No. You're not asking for money; You're asserting a role of importance, of agency, where none is sought and an army of astro-turfing sockpuppets will not be well received by an educated class of professionals-- despite the exceptions to be found in the ranks of esl teachers.
True Blue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some people get to China and freak out when they find out they are working illegally on an L, F, or M visa. Or panic when they see one of their friends dragged away after one of the random PSB visits? I just found this at Yahoo... https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140922182642AAIiMXz

"One of my best friends taught ESL classes for the Global IELTS Beijing spin-off group last year in Beijing and got busted for not having a Z visa. Long story short is that she spent 19 days in a jail, paid around $1,800 in fines (she could have gotten out sooner but they only accepted cash for the fine and so her brother had to get a visa and travel to China). Anyway, they made her pay for her own deportation and made her hand wrote a letter of apology addressed to "The Good Law-Abiding People Of China" and then gave her a three year visa ban, meaning she could not return to China for the next three years, even if she wanted to come back here as a tourist on holiday.

But to add insult to injury, she was refused a visa to attend her brothers graduation last June from Cambridge in the UK because of her "regulatory problems" created by the China visa fiasco. She wrote to some member of Parliament who says there is nothing she can do to appeal here being on some illegal immigration watch list that the American ICE people make all the NATO countries follow. Needless to say, she is feeling the pain of that as*hole recruiter in China."

So maybe if you saw this go down you might panic and do whatever you could to get a Z visa in your passport - by any means necessary. Desperate people do desperate and stupid things sometimes.
buravirgil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what anecdata is? What you're proffering is testimonial akin to insurance peddlers. A system is in place to bring over qualified teachers and a surging marketplace provides the opportunity for some to ignore readily available and clearly expressed terms.

Maybe some people get to China...blah blah blah. They got here by their own choices and decisions to subvert agencies required to vet and document their credentials and objectives.
True Blue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buravirgil wrote:
Do you know what anecdata is? What you're proffering is testimonial akin to insurance peddlers. A system is in place to bring over qualified teachers and a surging marketplace provides the opportunity for some to ignore readily available and clearly expressed terms.

Maybe some people get to China...blah blah blah. They got here by their own choices and decisions to subvert agencies required to vet and document their credentials and objectives.

I follow. Your $20 dollar words threw me off a bit. I suppose I have to agree with you for about 70% of the expat FTs. I have met some pretty naïve and gullible people here and they honestly did believe that "their schools would convert their visas to Z visas after the 90 day probationary period"

Think back to before you knew squat about China. That "probationary period crap" sounds logical to most people. So by my guesstimate, I'd say about 30% got snookered.
Banner41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buravirgil wrote:

So on target +1
buravirgil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Blue wrote:
Think back to before you knew squat about China. That "probationary period crap" sounds logical to most people. So by my guesstimate, I'd say about 30% got snookered.
And you believe this forum should be organized to source and maintain a database/list/inventory of legitimate employers? A belief so adamant that presenting posters as one part naïve and one part un-informed is merited? A supposition based on a construct of your own guestimates that, among all the "noise" of this forum, warrants your well-intentioned, shepherding pantomimes? Some small lies to defend against larger ones?

You're on a privately held forum open to the public by conditions and terms.
Your desired outcomes are unlikely.
asiannationmc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes some of these D.L.s are on the computer, for a couple of weeks then they disappear. Perhaps the Z visa scam works the same way.
True Blue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most new teachers coming to China are not going to be thinking like you and me and other veterans who have been here a while. Most of them will trust their recruiter to be doing the right paperwork for them. For those going to work at a China public school or university they don't have to worry about this stuff. But everyone else needs to get educated fast. For this purpose I would recommend this link http://scam-detector.com/forums/forum/employment-scams/192-3-ways-to-avoid-a-china-job-scam-recruiter-for-esl-tefl-ap-foreign-teachers which will at least get them the right visa and hopefully more sleep than less.
Bud Powell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye, bye, TB. Time for you to go away.
True Blue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Powell wrote:
Bye, bye, TB. Time for you to go away.

Are you saying you endorse buying fake visas or I am not free to post information that might benefit someone other than Bud Powell? That would be a bit selfish don't you think?
Bud Powell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm telling you to go away. Stop filling the forum with your fantasies and personal agenda.

You'll be gone soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: