Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting a uni job in Istanbul

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miettesbrainchild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Getting a uni job in Istanbul Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've been living in Istanbul for about 10 years, teaching in dershanes/agencies/freelance and want to make the jump into the better-paid and more stable uni scene.

What's the best way to apply? Is there a particular site where they advertise? Is it worth just 'cold sending' a CV and a cover letter? Anything I should know before I set out on this process?

Many thanks and 'ta's....
Teacher Journey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Here are some things you can do:
Sign up with ITI Istanbul, they are always sending out job notices for universities throughout Turkey.

AND

Wait until March and April that is when most Universities start hiring. You should see advertisements by then. But it does not hurt to look now for something immediate. But this rarely happens

AND LAST

Go to the universities individual website some of them will have postings, but as stated previously this might not happen until March or April

Your qualifications will have a lot to do with the uni job you get. Your experience should help you quite a bit. Also keep in mind, if you take jobs outside of Istanbul this will increase your chances of landing a job.

I hope that helps. If you have anymore questions I will try to help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: