Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japan to UAE with HCT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicenicegaijin wrote:
I doubt I would go, the whole reason I work at universities is I don't have to be there 9-5.

There are few good university jobs in the whole Gulf that don't require these long hours. In the past I would have suggested the American University in Cairo as they aren't as obsessed with this concept.

One option in the UAE might be the American University in Sharjah. They are probably the best employer in the country at the moment. (few openings as few teachers leave) If you have experience teaching academic writing - essays and research papers, they have a good writing department.

Not sure what their hours are these days, but one can usually get this info in an interview without sounding like one is looking for part-time. LOL

VS
nicenicegaijin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently make 80.000 USD from my main employer and another 20.000 USD from other work. Would it be beneficial moving the the UAE salary wise? I have a PhD in case that helps.
spiral78

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A PhD related to language teaching?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicenicegaijin wrote:
I have a PhD in case that helps.

Your PhD would have to be in a field of study that's highly desirable. But if it's in, say, literature, don't hold your breath; there are lots of equally-qualified Emiratis and expats with extensive professional experience in the Gulf. It would come down to what you have to offer employers, and so far, that's been hard to ascertain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: