Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apostille info needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwpjobs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Apostille info needed Reply with quote

Hi

I'm from the UK and will be in Mexico on a dependent visa because of my wife's job. Will I still need to get a working visa *before* I arrive in Mexico?

Thanks!
notamiss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not – if your wife is Mexican and you’re on a dependent visa, it seems to be the one exception to having to leave the country to switch to a visa with work permission.
But if you do end up having to leave to make the application from a Mexican consulate abroad, you probably don’t have to return to your home country – other people’s experience has been a quick trip to the nearest country – Belize or Guatemala.
rwpjobs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks very much for some quality information. My wife isn't Mexican but she will have her working visa before she arrives in Mexico. It now turns out that due to the incompetence of the organisation she works for I will probably be arriving on a tourist visa which I will then have to apply to turn into a dependent visa before I even apply for a work visa! I actually do have some examining work lined up but how likely are my employers to sort out a working visa for me before I arrive given that it's a part-time job? Is it a major inconvenience/expense for them or it it very straightforward? They are a large organisation but I'm nervous about asking them to provide me with a working visa in case it seems a little cheeky!

Thanks again for your help

Rich
Guero1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

might help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: