Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone here worked at WinBe lately/got the scoop on WinBe?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnj287

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:13 am    Post subject: Anyone here worked at WinBe lately/got the scoop on WinBe? Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I'm currently teaching in Vietnam after finishing up my TESOL certification a couple of weeks ago, and I just landed a job with WinBe in Japan. Super excited for the opportunity, as I've wanted to live in Japan since I was ten, but I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with my new employer. The information i've found online has been pretty scarce and incredibly dated. Most of what i've seen online is around a decade old at this point. The only recent info I got was from a representative of another company who told me, "I heard a rumor that they've cleaned up their act a bit in the last few years." Their pay, benefits, and vacation time all seem above average compared to other Eikaiwa's in Japan, but going in with pretty much no idea what to expect is kinda unnerving.

So has anyone on here done business with them recently or know how they operate? And by recent, within the last three years preferably. I realize the internet is a somewhat negative place, and I'm sure a lot of the bad things I've read online come from people who got fired due to their own incompetence, but I really am super happy just to have my foot in the door in Japan. Apparently that takes some people years, and I got in ten days after getting my certification, so I can't complain too much.

Thanks for any information sent my way!
Cheers,
-Barry
bigjoe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to know too because I want to apply to them as well. Many of the forum topics here regarding WinBe are several years old, so things may have changed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: