Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I come to Oman if i have a valid saudi work visa?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NomadWarrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Can I come to Oman if i have a valid saudi work visa? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Just need to find out if I'm able to get a work permit in Oman or other gulf countries while I have a valid saudi work visa in my passport.

I've been looking around but can't seem to find a solid answer.

Basically, I have a valid work visa but I've changed my mind about working in Saudi. I know that if I was in Saudi and wanted to leave for another gulf country I'd need a final exit stamp (from what I understand). Would that still apply if I never enter Saudi Arabia to begin with?

Thanks in advance.
madrileno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you'd be able to get a work visa here if you've still a valid one from another GCC country.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I come to Oman if i have a valid saudi work visa? Reply with quote

NomadWarrior wrote:
Basically, I have a valid work visa but I've changed my mind about working in Saudi. I know that if I was in Saudi and wanted to leave for another gulf country I'd need a final exit stamp (from what I understand).

The visa will expire after 90 days. Otherwise, if you need to head to Oman sooner, inform the Saudi sponsor that you request your visa be canceled for whatever reason. Whether they do so...
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I entered Oman with a valid Kuwait work visa good for another year. My new employer was aware of it and said that it wasn't a problem. Nothing was said at immigration when I entered Oman.

VS
balqis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion you should ask your employer-to-be if your valid Saudi visa may pose any problem. I took my second job in Oman with the visa for the first one, also in Oman, uncancelled [ technical error].
I informed my then new employer about it. They checked at some ministry - don't know which one - if this might pose a problem while crossing the border, and found out it wouldn't.
Your situation is only partly analogical, but still mine was more difficult than yours, as at face reading it looked like I absconded my first job [ wasn't the case]. Once again, best to ask this question frankly to your employer-to-be in Oman.

balqis
NomadWarrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yes I can wait the 90 days it won't be a problem. Someone also suggested getting a new passport which also wouldn't be a problem since I will be home for a few more months.

I'm hoping the visa isn't a problem and I don't need any sort of final exit stamp as there won't even be an entry stamp.
CANDLES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a 90 days visa you don't need an exit stamp, because that is a 'Business visa'. You can leave KSA as many times as you like. Every month it gets renewed by you going off to Bahrain.

However, if you had an Iqama, then you have to have an exit visa.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CANDLES wrote:
For a 90 days visa you don't need an exit stamp, because that is a 'Business visa'. You can leave KSA as many times as you like. Every month it gets renewed by you going off to Bahrain.

However, if you had an Iqama, then you have to have an exit visa.

This person had never entered KSA...

VS
CANDLES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vs....

At the beginning of the thread the OP has said he/she has a 90 days visa, so I was replying to that. Irrelevant of whether he/she has entered or not , the same rules applies for that particular type of visa.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CANDLES wrote:
The OP has said he/she has a 90 days visa, so I was replying to that. Irrelevant of whether he/she has entered or not , the same rules applies for that particular type of visa.

The OP referred to it as a "valid work visa," which I assumed to be an employment/work visa and not a business/work visit visa. Regardless, the employment/work visa also expires after 90 days.
NomadWarrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I meant the work visa that's needed to enter before you get an Iqama.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: