Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IIL/NITI or Al-Khaleej/Skyline
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akoo1

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: IIL/NITI or Al-Khaleej/Skyline Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Skyline/Al-Khaleej have offered me a position and are very keen to get me to KSA (they want a mid-June start date). I will be expected to teach most of Ramadhan. They say it's an employment visa. I have to share accommodation with Mr. X (who knows who). Also the school, city and house are unknown variables. 30 contact hours. Overtime at 1.5. 3200/month, 400 housing allowance and 133 for transportation. They rejected my masters because it's unrelated. I am therefore being paid at the bachelor rate.

IIL/NITI deals in business visas. Rolling recruitment. Has not bothered to keep email contact with me. Has offered the job (the recruiter had to hound them down on email). Still not bothered to email me a contract. 3850/month, up to 27.5 contact hours. Al hasa, or Alqaiq.

Anyone currently working at either of these jobs?
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: IIL/NITI or Al-Khaleej/Skyline Reply with quote

akoo1 wrote:

Skyline/Al-Khaleej have offered me a position and are very keen to get me to KSA (they want a mid-June start date).

It's possible to be there by mid-June. Although make sure you have all your school documents right away, that includes the document from the registrar that breaks down your bachelor's classes and says none of them were online. The Saudi Cultural Mission can really slow you down. You will need to find a DO (Doctor of Osteopathy) that does walk ins or can give you a fast appointment. The lab will take 3 days to get your results back. Your criminal background check can be from your local city or from your State, whichever is faster. Obviously don't use an FBI check. If you have accidents or tickets have your local police include the specific details. The State CBC will not include minor accidents and tickets. Transcripts can take 3 days under normal conditions. Right now at the end of school is not a normal condition so get them right away. Your degree verification can take 3 days or so. To meet that deadline get everything moving now. Also use a Visa agent, they can do it a lot faster.
akoo1

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks i am applying from Canada so it may be different procedures. If I use a visa agent and have other out of pocket costs, how is Khaleej with repayment upon arrival in KSA? Are you currently with them nutter?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"NTIT Dammam"
http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=110567

"Al Khaleej Training and education, Direct English"
http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=71632
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akoo1 wrote:
Thanks i am applying from Canada so it may be different procedures. If I use a visa agent and have other out of pocket costs, how is Khaleej with repayment upon arrival in KSA? Are you currently with them nutter?

Never worked for Al Khaleej. I suspect you will get a large part of the costs back since Al Khaleej is established. The procedures will be the same regardless. Start everything today and use a visa agent if you want to make your deadline and make sure you arrange for a document to be sent outlining no online courses in your degree otherwise it will stop the process.

PS: Plumpy Nut is the concoction that agencies buy to feed starving children.
akoo1

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This document outlining no online courses can be a simple letter with university letterhead?
Sheik Yerbuti

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly modest offers both of them, but I would take the one that gets you
in soonest, which is clearly the former.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharing accommodation is not great. I did it once when I was really desperate for a job. Best avoided, but needs must when the Devil drives !
akoo1

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another offer has been made by Shabaka, the payrate is about the same at 3200, but this time it's a compound with gates and swimming pools. Not that I am looking for that, but it's in Al-hasa as well, competing with IIL/NITI, i'm assuming? The good thing about shabaka is the contact hours is low, i think 17, although with the other hours, it totals to a 30 hour work week, or have i misunderstood? They have very bad reviews on thus forum. And to be honest, I don't even like playing or watching hockey, or any other sport.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: IIL/NITI or Al-Khaleej/Skyline Reply with quote

akoo1 wrote:
They rejected my masters because it's unrelated. I am therefore being paid at the bachelor rate.

By the way, this is why I stated on that other thread why your monthly goal of 20,000 SAR per month is unrealistic. In fact, any offer of 20,000 would likely include monthly or annual allowances and not be indicative of the salary alone.
akoo1

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when i said 20,000, i was basing it on internet research including the KSA salary thread (that got locked). Obviously, that information is outdated as most of these Alkhaleej, NITI, Shabaka offers hover around the 3200 mark Rolling Eyes
Based on their ad, shabaka may actually offer 3300 (and only a 30hour work week (17 contact).

(Mod edit to remove link)
balqis

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to Al Hassa, the oasis is quite pretty and neat, quaintly scaled and very old bahari culture, once part of Bahrain, till now looks more like yet another very remote and conservative province of Oman or the old Bahrain souq, rather than Her Concrete Majesty KSA [ there is a religious difference there as well] .

To spend most of your day in the school is good for somebody who is new to the Saudi culture and is only starting in the Middle East. It may assuage the shock and awe of landing in remote Arabia, and both shock and awe will be your due there.
Otherwise what would you like to do in Al Hassa's main town Hofuf? Or Qatif, another ''big'' very small town in Al Hassa? There is literally nothing to do there, and in the school at least you will have nicely done-up ambience, fast and cool ac, fast internet, no noisy neighbours, and handsome furniture.
A few years back you would probably be the only expat working in Hofuf, and there would only be squat toilettes in the main restaurant in the town, near the famous Hofuf fort. But recently they have opened there, I mean in the Al Hassa Oasis, new colleges and a branch of medical university KSAU.
In Abqiq, I heard it from my students though myself have never been there, on the other hand there is plenty of Aramco settlement, so it is lively to a degree.

balqis
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akoo1 wrote:
This document outlining no online courses can be a simple letter with university letterhead?

It has to come from the Registrar's office. They (the SACM) will contact the registrar for the information and the registrar will send off the document in a sealed envelope. All I am saying is you might want to check that it can be done. You should already have contacted a Visa agent and should be getting this stuff put together.
scot47

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe it now, but Hofuf used to have a Jewish community. They had links with the community in Bahrain - which is still there.
Pikgitina

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balqis, Qatif is north of Dammam. Surely it's not part of Al Hassa? It's on the way to Jubail. I do agree that there is nothing to do there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: