Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

start2study.ru - anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamajorba

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: start2study.ru - anyone? Reply with quote

So, I've been invited for an interview with start2study, although they're saying I have to be in Moscow already for the interview...no bother for me, I've got other jobs in the pipeline already.

But this position seems to be at the Moscow State University, and I can't find any reviews for it so far. Anyone ever had any experience with this? I've had people say universities don't pay so well, which doesn't necessarily bother me (much), but it would be interesting to hear what this place is like.

Thanks! Smile
Deats

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying Russian unis don't pay well is an understatement. Some unis pay 15,000 rub a month. I spoke with people at SPBGU (2nd best uni in Russia, where Putin went) and their salary was derisory. A few weeks back a friend of mine who works there asked if I could cover her lessons. The uni was willing to pay me 2000rub for 4 hours work. Plus I had to go in the day before to get my bearings of the uni. When I tailored in travel time there and back (there is no metro nearby) they wanted me to give up about 10 hours of my time for 2000rub. Hahaha. I earn that in 1 hour 15 mins (max) usually. Thanks, but no thanks.
Gamajorba

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deats wrote:
Saying Russian unis don't pay well is an understatement. Some unis pay 15,000 rub a month. I spoke with people at SPBGU (2nd best uni in Russia, where Putin went) and their salary was derisory. A few weeks back a friend of mine who works there asked if I could cover her lessons. The uni was willing to pay me 2000rub for 4 hours work. Plus I had to go in the day before to get my bearings of the uni. When I tailored in travel time there and back (there is no metro nearby) they wanted me to give up about 10 hours of my time for 2000rub. Hahaha. I earn that in 1 hour 15 mins (max) usually. Thanks, but no thanks.

Oh...wow...that really is pretty woeful...!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: