Site Search:
 
Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

French language school in Morocco or Algeria

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
straggler



Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: French language school in Morocco or Algeria Reply with quote

I know this is slightly off topic but does anyone working in Morocco or Algeria know of a French language school? I want to brush up my French and would rather do it in Africa than France.

Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nomad soul



Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Posts: 10950
Location: The real world

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do an Internet search on:
    french language schools morocco
    french language schools algeria
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
straggler



Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Do an Internet search on:
    french language schools morocco
    french language schools algeria



I've done that and only come up with Alliance Francaise. I'm looking for a recommendation for a private school/teacher.

Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nomad soul



Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Posts: 10950
Location: The real world

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straggler wrote:
I'm looking for a recommendation for a private school/teacher.

That's a different question. How about narrowing it down to specific cities in these two countries?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
straggler



Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
straggler wrote:
I'm looking for a recommendation for a private school/teacher.

That's a different question. How about narrowing it down to specific cities in these two countries?



I don't really mind where.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EFL Educator



Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Posts: 935
Location: Cape Town

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To The OP,

Try Berlitz in Casablanca.....you will speak French in no time there...actually you could always learn French from the kids that hang out at Jemaa El Fna Disneyland in Marrakesh....just watch out for pick pocketing!!!!! Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
straggler



Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFL Educator wrote:
To The OP,

Try Berlitz in Casablanca.....you will speak French in no time there...actually you could always learn French from the kids that hang out at Jemaa El Fna Disneyland in Marrakesh....just watch out for pick pocketing!!!!! Shocked
,


A useful reply, for once!

Thank you. I'll get in touch with them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EFL Educator



Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Posts: 935
Location: Cape Town

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straggler you are welcome...if you head to Marrakesh's famous Jebaa El Fna Disneyland to learn French take the Marrakesh Express train from CASA.... you might even make new friends there...most (if not all) Moroccan passengers on trains speak French...and you might even get free French lessons on board! Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
straggler



Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFL Educator wrote:
Straggler you are welcome...if you head to Marrakesh's famous Jebaa El Fna Disneyland to learn French take the Marrakesh Express train from CASA.... you might even make new friends there...most (if not all) Moroccan passengers on trains speak French...and you might even get free French lessons on board! Shocked




I'm hoping to speak French all the time I'm in Morocco!

Berlitz have three locations - Rabat, Tangier and Casablanca - which place would be the "best", do you think? I would need a combination of cheap accommodation and a nice place to spend time. I've been to all three places before but not spent much time in any of them.

And are there lots of language schools around? I may just go to Morocco and see what I can find.

And thanks again for the useful information. I don't know why some people bother posting in forums of they don't have anything useful to say!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nomad soul



Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Posts: 10950
Location: The real world

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straggler wrote:
I don't know why some people bother posting in forums of they don't have anything useful to say!

Actually, I was waiting to hear back from an American friend of mine (currently in Algiers), who studied language in both Morocco and Algeria. But since you're satisfied with Berlitz, I won't bother to post that "useless" info once I get it. Good luck with your travel and studies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
straggler



Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
straggler wrote:
I don't know why some people bother posting in forums of they don't have anything useful to say!

Actually, I was waiting to hear back from an American friend of mine (currently in Algiers), who studied language in both Morocco and Algeria. But since you're satisfied with Berlitz, I won't bother to post that "useless" info once I get it. Good luck with your travel and studies.



Of course you were......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scot47



Joined: 10 Jan 2003
Posts: 15144
Location: Respice post te! Hominem te esse memento! Memento mori!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a rather ungracious response from the inquirer ! Nomad Soul was trying to help !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
straggler



Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
That was a rather ungracious response from the inquirer ! Nomad Soul was trying to help !



Telling someone to google something doesn't come under my definition of "helpful"! On checking some of his other posts he apeears to like his opinions on everything and everyone spread far and wide.

Forums such as this one have 99% helpful, informative people using them. And 1% like Nomad Soul.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mitsui



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 1476
Location: Kawasaki

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard these schools are a bit expensive, so I could not afford it in Casablanca, as I wasn't even making much money.
Prices could depend on whether you had a native or Moroccan teacher.

At the American Language Center, teachers could get free lessons, which I appreciated.


Last edited by mitsui on Wed May 27, 2015 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
straggler



Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mitsui wrote:
I heard these schools are a bit expensive, so I could not afford it in Casablanca, as I wasn't even making much money.
Prices could depend on whether you had a native or Moroccan teacher.

At the Ameican Language Center, teachers could get free lessons, which I appreciated.



I'm thinking of just heading to Morocco (possibly Agadir) and then seeing what I can find. I'd be more than happy with a Moroccan teacher.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2016 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Teaching Jobs in China
Teaching Jobs in China