Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work visas/work permits scrapped?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex1970

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Work visas/work permits scrapped? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what the position is at the moment with work visas/work permits in Russia? I was told recently that they are no longer given to teachers, is this correct?

I am having an interview soon and the company would like to provide a work permit, what is the process if it is still possible to get one?

Thanks
Gamajorba

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Work visas/work permits scrapped? Reply with quote

I've had interviews this week and employers who said they can do it have never mentioned anything about not being able to give one for that reason.

Unless anyone else wants to clarify!
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teachers can still get work permits and visas.

Perhaps there is some confusion with the special 'teacher visa'. Basically a work permit specially for teaching. Almost the same ad a standard work permit, but without the need for some of the tests or the plastic ID card thingy. Perhaps this has been scrapped? I don't think so, as i have just renewed mine...
Gamajorba

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had several people via a Facebook group telling me that one should take a RUSSIAN TEST in order to get such a visa/permit to work. I mean, from what I understand, this is absolute rubbish, but, who knows...it seems that it's still just as easy to get the visa as it ever was.
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always a lot of mewling and braying of nanny-goats about this and other Russian topics. Usually put to rest by simply asking from where such beliefs derive.
alex1970

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Work visas/work permits scrapped? Reply with quote

There is definitely a Russian test requirement as I have been to the FMS in my town.

You have had yours renewed, but for new ones a test is needed.
alex1970

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Work visas/work permits scrapped? Reply with quote

Gamajorba wrote:
I had several people via a Facebook group telling me that one should take a RUSSIAN TEST in order to get such a visa/permit to work. I mean, from what I understand, this is absolute rubbish, but, who knows...it seems that it's still just as easy to get the visa as it ever was.

A test is required unforunately, just basic russian though for 5,000 roubles.
Gamajorba

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Work visas/work permits scrapped? Reply with quote

alex1970 wrote:
Gamajorba wrote:

A test is required unforunately, just basic russian though for 5,000 roubles.

Odd, I asked a visa agency I've used in the past about this and they've never heard of anything like it. :/ so confusing...
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless it's confirmed by the nanny-goat, it shouldn't be believed : )
alex1970

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Work visas/work permits scrapped? Reply with quote

Yeah, an agency would say that as they are only bothered about the money.

Visa agencies only do tourist, private or business visas though and they do not require any tests.
alex1970

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Work visas/work permits scrapped? Reply with quote

Sashadroogie wrote:
Unless it's confirmed by the nanny-goat, it shouldn't be believed : )

Plenty of nanny goats at the FMS Wink
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Gamajorba

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Work visas/work permits scrapped? Reply with quote

alex1970 wrote:
Visa agencies only do tourist, private or business visas though and they do not require any tests.

Not strictly true. I enquired whether this agency could process a work visa for me (obviously with the right documentation), and they said they could, but were unaware of any tests.

Even all this 3 year visa malarky I've mentioned in the past has no indication of a test either...
Gamajorba

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Work visas/work permits scrapped? Reply with quote

Here we go http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/work.html
alex1970

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Work visas/work permits scrapped? Reply with quote

Gamajorba wrote:
alex1970 wrote:

Not strictly true. I enquired whether this agency could process a work visa for me (obviously with the right documentation), and they said they could, but were unaware of any tests.

Even all this 3 year visa malarky I've mentioned in the past has no indication of a test either...

They probably didn't know about it, as it caught a lot of people by surprise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: