Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guero1

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Visa Question Reply with quote

Hi all,

A quick question:

¿Does anoyne know the maximum amount of time you can go out of Mexico when for you have a working visa in one trip?

Need to go back to Blighty but for over a month but don´t want to lose my visa....

I know I can go to the immigration office but it is a bit of a trek, queues etc...

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

J.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Visa Question Reply with quote

Guero1 wrote:
Hi all,

A quick question:

¿Does anoyne know the maximum amount of time you can go out of Mexico when for you have a working visa in one trip?

Need to go back to Blighty but for over a month but don´t want to lose my visa....

I know I can go to the immigration office but it is a bit of a trek, queues etc...

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

J.

You can also send them an email. I asked two friends who have work visas and they both said it doesn´t matter, as long as you are returning to your job. A few years ago I had a friend who worked for a school who would go home every summer for 6 or 7 weeks and close to a month at Christmas and never had a problem.
MotherF

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a query through their website and got an answer in 72 hours, but in the meantime I phoned the office I got to and they gave me a different contradictory answer!
(The question was not the one you are asking)

Before the reform, it only mattered for FM2 holders. And even then a month was fine.
Back when I had an FM3 I was outside the country for four months once.
Guero1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I´ll leave for 8 weeks and risk it! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: