Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Chair Recruitment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RickBlaine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Red Chair Recruitment Reply with quote

Is this organization legit? Any thoughts from those who have dealt with this place?

RB
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of them... who are they recruiting for? What country? What institution?

VS
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of those Saudi colleges of excellence (http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=35836). The recruiter used to be with Chase. Nothing new. If the OP gets an interview, he/she needs to ask who the actual employer is.
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was recruited a few years ago by that guy and he was pretty good. Most of the time the actual conditions and location will be different from what he may tell you, though. The contractors/Colleges of Excellence often move people around at short notice (especially if you are single).
learningpaths

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like any other recruiter. Will tell you whatever it takes to collect their commission.
Siobhan 22

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear Hear Learningpaths.

Also, I made an application a few months ago and was invited to a Skype interview. However, instead of offering me a concrete day and time, he said they had an open interview system where you could just contact him and request one.

It seemed too random and haphazard and gave me a negative impression so I just skipped it.
learningpaths

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. He sits in front of the computer all day.

He actually passed out during my interview for about 10 seconds. I had to start a sentence with, "It all began when I was five..." to wake him up, and his colleagues off-camera were trying not to laugh.

I took the job. It was with Interserve/IIL/ESGsa... Whatever they're called this month. It was absolutely horrible.
efemmera

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wouldn't recommend this recruiter. I initially gravitated to them as they have a good tagline, a decent website and they are based in Europe (Ireland). This impression was almost immediately undone upon contacting the company. I sent a very simple question which was not answered on their website and literally could be explained in one or two sentences. I waited almost a week and did not receive an answer. I emailed the same question again, very politely I might add, explaining that I met all of their criteria and wanted to apply for a position but needed additional info in order to do so. I got an extremely terse, poorly punctuated response informing me that I needed to send my CV in prior to ANY questions being answered so I went elsewhere. I have just looked on their site again and there seems to be a lot more people employed there now so perhaps things have improved?
learningpaths

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid not. They're pretty smooth talkers between pints though. Sent me to a post in Saudi, and nothing they said turned out. Same old same old: What ever it takes to get that tool on the plane.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

efemmera wrote:
I sent a very simple question which was not answered on their website and literally could be explained in one or two sentences. I waited almost a week and did not receive an answer. I emailed the same question again, very politely I might add, explaining that I met all of their criteria and wanted to apply for a position but needed additional info in order to do so. I got an extremely terse, poorly punctuated response informing me that I needed to send my CV in prior to ANY questions being answered so I went elsewhere.

I'm not defending this recruiting agency, but generally, recruiters consider it a waste of time responding to random questions unless the job seeker has submitted their CV to show they're interested and at least meet the requirements. Even then, some recruiters aren't likely to divulge specific info about the client or job until there's an actual interview.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: