Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

learn4life in Abha
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siologen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: re: returning.... Reply with quote

Quote:
So when are you going back?

I remember an obnoxious british woman telling me she loved Oman at first, then telling me she thought it was hell......and she still went back. You know what they say about taking the nutters out of the nuthouse.............Laughing Twisted Evil
Humanity Lost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid this school at all cost.
BETTER MAN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Not true Reply with quote

Im really surprised from some of the negative posts about L4L School in Abha im new teacher in this company and i have been here for 4 months i didn't see any negative point about them they are professional and providing the same what it is in our contract but i heard that some old female teachers who breaking the lows of the country and they did a lot of mess for the company because of that they fired them and the company doing good and has the best reputation so i felt it is important for me to write the truth and be professional . thanks all
Foo_Fighters_Dave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im really surprised from some of the negative posts about L4L School in Abha im new teacher in this company and i have been here for 4 months i didn't see any negative point about them they are professional and providing the same what it is in our contract but i heard that some old female teachers who breaking the lows of the country and they did a lot of mess for the company because of that they fired them and the company doing good and has the best reputation so i felt it is important for me to write the truth and be professional . thanks all

I see four or five mistakes in what you wrote. Are you the boss who the thread was talking about?
babur

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better Man,
What's your IELTS score?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can only hope that isn't an English teacher with the grammar issues.

Apparently not a clue about what an actual sentence is so I would guess this is written by an Arabic speaker.

I would also guess management... and the referenced boss. LOL

VS
Lord T

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BetterMan and his fellow non-native speakers from low-wage economies are the future of ESL in Saudi Arabia.
BETTER MAN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Not true Reply with quote

ridiculous to see people like you who think like that im not here to defense the company or the boss im here just to say the truth . just grow guys and learn how to live and deal professionally before you travel abroad .
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BETTER MAN wrote:
ridiculous to see people like you who think like that im not here to defense the company or the boss im here just to say the truth . just grow guys and learn how to live and deal professionally before you travel abroad .

The negative comments about this employer seem to be specific to female EFL teachers. Since you say you haven't had a bad experience so far, it may be that the company or admin treats women differently than the males it employs, regardless of the subject taught. This dynamic is not unheard of.
Humanity Lost

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Just don't bother wit this School! Reply with quote

The owner needs to fire the academic director straight away. He's a drama queen with an inferiority complex who runs the school like a personal high school clique. He runs through so many employees that it is ridiculous. I frankly do not understand how they keep up with the recruitment costs. There comes a point where you must stop blaming the teaching staff and look at the root cause.
The foreign staff, who repeatedly told the American staff they hated Americans, showed extreme favoritism to those whose nationalities they preferred. They frequently picked on staff members for sport. They would isolate them, load them up with work, scream at them in vulgar manners and equally foul language, and seemed to very much enjoy it. They also were vindictive against any staff member who they deemed "against" them in freakish paranoia and punished their students in the process.
Also, their curriculum was easy to teach but had the wrong setup as the persons who designed it were either lazy or did not have the proper training in ESL. Just because you speak English does not mean you should teach it. Just following a book, pushing students through levels who should have never moved up in the first, basing everything off a stupid test that rarely had anything to do with the objectives, and rushing through a curriculum does not make an English school. It just makes an imitation one.
TheOpalOwl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: The times they are a-changin' Reply with quote

On behalf of the current male teachers (4 of us), I would like to inform prospective teachers that L4L has made a drastic change. The academic manager, who was the source of almost all of the problems, has been fired. We have weathered the storm and this long awaited day has finally arrived.

There is now a new academic manager who is professional, respectful, and competent. Together with the female staff, we are helping to usher in a new era at L4L and all of us feel positive about the changes to come.

Abha itself is a great city to live in. Perhaps the best weather in the Kingdom, hiking in the nearby mountains, a short drive to beaches, and a 1hr flight to Jeddah if you need the amenities of a big city.

If anyone has questions or concerns, I would be happy to answer them in the public forum or in a PM.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Post ? Singing the praises of an employer criticised by others ? Excuse me but all those years in the region made me a cynic.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: The times they are a-changin' Reply with quote

TheOpalOwl wrote:

If anyone has questions or concerns, I would be happy to answer them in the public forum or in a PM.

It will have to be public since new members can't do PMs...

VS
Lord T

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's that time of year again. The time when the incompetent managers and greedy agents assess the situation and conclude that they are in deep trouble.

The agents can no longer attract teachers because they offer miserable salaries, and the managers realize that the shortages mean the college can't function unless the teachers already there take on longer hours and larger class sizes.

It's going to be another tough year in the desert!
siologen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: re: indeed! Reply with quote

Quote:
The agents can no longer attract teachers because they offer miserable salaries, and the managers realize that the shortages mean the college can't function unless the teachers already there take on longer hours and larger class sizes.

It's going to be another tough year in the desert!

Very good post.You have hit the nail on the head. I know for a fact numerous recruiters are scrabbling to fill positions at a university in one Saudi city and they are offering low salaries....even for MA holders Idea Embarassed Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: