Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WSI and France

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot_spencer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject: WSI and France Reply with quote

Hello, does anyone know the salary for WSE outside of Paris and for full-time? Also what are living costs like outside of Paris and the main cities (perf north of France) would 1200 net be enough for an OK life like in Spain or Italy?

TIA[/b]
kpjf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the north of France where I was, WSI were offering, wait for it...12 euros an hour! Great, eh? To give you an idea, in the city where I was, rent (sharing a flat) was about 300€+. If you went to the right supermarkets there, prices were okay in general (and actually quite cheap if you bought the promos). Transport was a lot cheaper within the city, compared to the UK at least (1.20€ a single ticket and valid for an hour). But, for going out (bars, restaurants) it's not that cheap, like most of France.

Of course, south of France will be more expensive as it's much more in demand so I'd imagine salary would be better.

I can't compare to Spain really, but I'd imagine average rent in many cities (except Madrid/Barcelona) would be only about 200 euros, therefore having 100 euros less each month makes a big difference. On top of that Spanish supermarkets/restaurants/bars are a lot lot cheaper than French ones.
grahamb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: France vs Spain Reply with quote

It's far easier to find full-time work in Spain than in France. It's not unusual for teachers in France to divide their time between two, three, or more employers in order to make a living. I'd rather lick my cat's behind than go back to France as an EFL teacher.
elliot_spencer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. Where r u now Grahamb
kungfu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: ws Reply with quote

WS are advertising for English teachers in Paris and outside on tefl.com
pay is 1500euro a month in Paris. I interviewed with Btl last monthand they were offering 1650euro a month. They also require managers @ 1950euro a month.
Ericjohns

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1500 for Paris works out as 1100 after tax.Could you really consider living on 1100 eur a month in Paris?
kungfu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

400 euro tax???????????????????????????????
Ericjohns

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.salairemoyen.com/en/conversion_salaire_brut_net.html

Remember also that monthly deductions are social security. Income tax is paid the following year from previous years earnings. If it were 1500 NET then it could be doable with private students IMHO.
kungfu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

But they all pay around 1500. BTL pay 1650 and GoodSir about 1750. Yes you would need private students and a cheap room in Paris for 300 euro per month.
I'm planning on making 400 per month in privates if I get an interview and a job offer.
kungfu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

Can't they pay you as a freelancer and then you don't have to pay tax if you keep quiet.
Ericjohns

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea. Yes, it all depends on what you expect. At my age I wouldn't want to share a flat and rent a room. Personal preferences, I guess! Yes, Goodsir is in St Etienne, with 1300 euro net you can live in St. Etienne.
misssapphire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

1200 net will allow you to rent and eat and not much else. The deductions are all government stuff, tax is done once a year will be about a months salary (on top of these monthly deductions).

You will need some private students if you want to go out a bit more, not really much chance to save money in Paris.

I worked for WSI and the Parisian adults are rather hard to please. WSI is a business, not a school so it's all about making money rather than students progress. Holding a student back because they weren't ready to move onto the next level was undermined by the managers/sales people!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: