Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on Health

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir davie weir

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Question on Health Reply with quote

Hello guys, been looking into doing teaching abroad as it would probably help open doors to getting a teaching job in my country but before i get into it and do the celta and go the full way into becoming qualified i have a question i cant seem to find the answer for anywhere

I have had a Organ transplant and take medicines for it as a result, is that a big turn off for potential employers abroad? would there be countries who would be more inclined to hire someone with medical issues? or countries to avoid with this issue? this wouldnt affect them in anyway as im pretty stable and only problem is id need to pop some pills through out the day but thought id post in the forum as teaching abroad is definitely something i would like to pursue should this turn out to be a none-issue

Cheers Very Happy
spiral78

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your nationality, education, and related qualifications will matter. As will whether you are a native or non-native speaker of English. Further, your very casual post (including its numerous misspellings, punctuation, and grammar errors in addition to what could kindly be called trendy language) would likely put off any of us on Dave's who do hiring, to be honest.

I hire across Central and Eastern Europe and would hire a person with the health problems you describe, given reasonable quals and other professional attributes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: