Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Alliances Vietnam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattycat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: First Alliances Vietnam Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about this school? Which would you recommend as the best city for a foreign teacher? Thanks.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simple web search shows that First Alliances is an "HR Consultancy" (a recruiter), not a school.

They look quite professional though, so I'm not sure why they are getting mixed up with the EFL industry.

See what they offer you and let us know.

Not sure if there is a "best city" in VN but I would say that HCMC is one of the worst. See what else they've got.
mattycat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

Thank you, Sigmoid. I still need to hear back from them. I did actually realize it was just a staffing company. I'm hopeful they'll actually tell me the name of the school soon!
TRH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely it is mostly for public school postings and perhaps several schools in one week. Most language centers hire their staff directly.
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most widely accepted answer about what is the "best" city to live and work in is Danang. It's actually changed so much in the last year alone that, the average pay rate has risen and there are more jobs than teachers. 2 years ago it was the opposite.

When I came here several years ago there were only 4-5 bars, a handful of decent Western restaurants, 1 movie theater, and 2 supermarkets. Now there are more bars and restaurants than I can count, 3 high quality movie theaters, and several modern shopping centers. It blows my mind to think about how fast this city is growing and developing.
cb400

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExpatLuke wrote:
The most widely accepted answer about what is the "best" city to live and work in is Danang. It's actually changed so much in the last year alone that, the average pay rate has risen and there are more jobs than teachers. 2 years ago it was the opposite.

When I came here several years ago there were only 4-5 bars, a handful of decent Western restaurants, 1 movie theater, and 2 supermarkets. Now there are more bars and restaurants than I can count, 3 high quality movie theaters, and several modern shopping centers. It blows my mind to think about how fast this city is growing and developing.

Unfortunately this means only a matter of time until it is ruined with insane traffic and hordes of rude people. The 8 years I spent in Hanoi where a real eye opener how quickly things could 'develop' but the Vietnamese themselves do not seem to be developing with the times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: