Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saparachinee School in Trang, Thailand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattycat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Saparachinee School in Trang, Thailand Reply with quote

Does anybody have any information on the above school in Trang, Thailand?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another Thai school in Trang province...nothing much else...standard rate of pay for EFL teachers is around Baths 32,000/Month.
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like any regional Thai school expect broken desks, broken windows, administrators that don't have a clue approaching on dishonesty. Everything in disarray. Be prepared above all. If you're given an apartment expect less than a concrete bunker. If you have to rent your own apartment, the first thing you check is the plumbing in the bathroom floor. If it pools don't rent the apartment. Hopefully you can find an apartment with good plumbing in Trang. Typically they will make the apartment really nice, but you'll very quickly find out that they cut costs on everything like plumbing.
mattycat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Cheers! Reply with quote

Thanks, Guys! I decided not to accept the position, as the pay was too low, they wouldn't give an accommodation supplement and they were trying to get me to work a 40 hour week even though they had earlier said it would only be 24 hours per week.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teaching kids 40 hours a week is exhausting....me thinks their salary offer should have been very good for so many teaching hours. If it was working hours well that is standard in any Thai government school in AMAZING Thailand. Shocked
suphanburi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Cheers! Reply with quote

mattycat wrote:
Thanks, Guys! I decided not to accept the position, as the pay was too low, they wouldn't give an accommodation supplement and they were trying to get me to work a 40 hour week even though they had earlier said it would only be 24 hours per week.

Got some bad news for you.
Teaching, just like any other job, is a 40-hour work week.
You are in class for 18-24 classes (18-22 hours) and spend the rest of your time doing things like prep, planning, grading, marking, etc.

If you think you are going to find a job abroad that only has you on-the-job for 24 hours/week and comes with the necessary paperwork, you are dreaming.

Teaching (anywhere) might be a lot of things but a working vacation with your mornings on the beach, afternoons in the classroom and dancing the evenings away with the pretty ladies is the one thing it isn't.

mattycat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Wrong! Reply with quote

Sorry, but your info is wrong and I have no desire to spend my time 'on the beach'! I have already taught ESL abroad and I've never had a job where I was supposed to work-teach more than 25 hours per week, so I don't know what situations you're referring to. In any event, when a school tells me I will work only 24 hours and then tries to force me to work more for no extra pay, that tells me they can't be trusted. You sound like a plant from a school.
TeachtheFuture

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrong! Reply with quote

mattycat wrote:
Sorry, but your info is wrong and I have no desire to spend my time 'on the beach'! I have already taught ESL abroad and I've never had a job where I was supposed to work-teach more than 25 hours per week, so I don't know what situations you're referring to. In any event, when a school tells me I will work only 24 hours and then tries to force me to work more for no extra pay, that tells me they can't be trusted. You sound like a plant from a school.

Schools will require you to be on site the whole school day. It will most likely be one of the clauses in the contract. I think you are mistaking the 24 hours a week with the total hours of your work week. The 24 hours will be comprised of teaching hours and the other hours will be spent marking, planning, attending meetings, and other admin duties. I think you will find it difficult to find a job where the school (government, or private school) allows you to leave after you are done teaching your classes. I don't have experience in language centers so I can only comment on Thai government schools and Thai private schools.
bigdurian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That be the difference between language schools and real schools.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: