Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering teaching for a year in Floranopolis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Lee321

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Considering teaching for a year in Floranopolis Reply with quote

My wife is Brazilian, and we are considering moving to Brazil for a year. Right now, my wife and I are still in school, so we figure now would be a great time to travel before we decide to settle down in one place. Florianopolis would be the location of choice, due to the quality of life, the city offers plus it is a four hours drive from my wife's home city. So far, I have been to Florianopolis twice on vacation, and it seems like the ideal place to teach if I were to spend a year in Brazil.

I don't know too much about getting started in international teaching market, and this is my first time posting on here.

For those of you with teaching experience in Brazil, what are the best jobs I can easily get with the following credentials?
-Master's Degree in English
-Master's Degree in The Teaching of English as a Second Language including American public school K-12 certification
-Over 1,000 hours of online teaching experience for a Chinese company, including experience in lesson plan development with diagnostic exam assessment
-Over three years experience as a private tutor as part of a company paid relocation service
-One semester teaching Intermediate Listening and Speaking at the community college level

While my educational background and work history is strong, my Portuguese is limited. I studied Spanish in college, so I can pick up on some Portuguese words and phrases, but that's about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: