Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colombia Bound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siwhitehouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Colombia Bound Reply with quote

Hi there

This post is mainly intended as a thank you to everyone who has posted on this board.

As an introduction, I'm a British guy in my mid 40s. I've a degree in Mathematics and Computer Science and my work history is mainly in digital technologies. I've also got some experience of delivering courses, designing workshops and curating conferences.

I started studying for my CELTA at the start of the year and, having qualified, I've been travelling round Mexico and Guatemala for the past few months. This has included studying at a language school to improve my Spanish.

On Saturday I'm flying in to Bogota and from there I'm going to travel around for about a month, with the initial intention of settling in Medellin in early December. If my plans pan out then I'll be bustling around the language schools with my CV in hand early in the new year.

I've had a look at some Meet Up groups in Medellin and I'm planning to go along to a few of them when I arrive. There are a couple of English-Spanish speakers meet ups and a Hacklab (for my more techie side).

If anybody can think of any additional advice for me then I'd be very grateful, but as I said, I really just wanted to come on here and post a thank you. I've read the board a lot over the past year and it has been really useful. A lot of my planning decisions have been made based on advice that has been posted here.

All the best
Simon
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Keep us posted on developments. I enjoyed Colombia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: