Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scam Warning! 2 different China Wiseway Education Agents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Skies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Scam Warning! 2 different China Wiseway Education Agents Reply with quote

Just a note to warn everyone that the current Wiseway Global Education group started in 2013 is not the same Wiseway Education group from 2007-2009 that had a good reputation. Someone stole the name and they now pretend to be the old group. This new wiseway started up in 2013 according to the whois.com website registration.

They offered me a teaching job in Shandong that pays 12,000 yuan per month plus housing, even though I never sent them my resume. They also claimed I was "qualified for 4 other positions" even though I have no university degree. When I asked them what visa I would be getting they said I would work my first 90 day probation period on an F visa, which the embassy told me was illegal.

They also claim to be "partners" with China's ministry of education. What documentation can I request that proves this partnership is real? Also, they want me to pay a $285 placement fee up-front which is not normal IMO.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Skies wrote:
They also claimed I was "qualified for 4 other positions" even though I have no university degree. When I asked them what visa I would be getting they said I would work my first 90 day probation period on an F visa, which the embassy told me was illegal.

Regardless of this company's sketchiness, given your lack of a degree, what type of visa were you expecting?
JB140767

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Blue Skies wrote:
They also claimed I was "qualified for 4 other positions" even though I have no university degree. When I asked them what visa I would be getting they said I would work my first 90 day probation period on an F visa, which the embassy told me was illegal.

Regardless of this company's sketchiness, given your lack of a degree, what type of visa were you expecting?

OP quite clearly had no expectations as they contacted him randomly out of the blue, you almost make it sound like he is naive for questioning an illegal offer for a job for which he never applied
Blue Skies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB140767 wrote:
nomad soul wrote:
Blue Skies wrote:

OP quite clearly had no expectations as they contacted him randomly out of the blue, you almost make it sound like he is naive for questioning an illegal offer for a job for which he never applied

This is correct. I am still wondering how they could get my resume (if they really have a copy) since I never sent one to them. Since I made this post they have stopped calling me. But strangely another company called Network ESL started calling me yesterday with similar claims they could get me a job teaching without a degree or Z visa in a place called "Nanchang" (It took me a while to even find it on the map). Anyway, I found this online about Wiseway http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/doing-business-china/90706-wiseway-global-education-typical-china-study-abroad-fraud.html and after reading about the smog alerts that shut down the schools in Beijing, I decided that China is not a healthy place to work even when I finish my degree! Have you guys seen the photos of the air pollution? OMG!
asiannationmc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you guys seen the photos of the air pollution?

Lookin from the inside out.....I would encourage all potentials to look else where
SH_Panda

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... CFTU is back then.

Again.

Yay.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Skies wrote:
JB140767 wrote:
nomad soul wrote:
Blue Skies wrote:

This is correct. I am still wondering how they could get my resume (if they really have a copy) since I never sent one to them. Since I made this post they have stopped calling me. But strangely another company called Network ESL started calling me yesterday with similar claims they could get me a job teaching without a degree or Z visa in a place called "Nanchang" (It took me a while to even find it on the map).

That's what happens when job seekers post their CVs out there. However, my question was mainly about the type of visa the OP was expecting given his/her lack of degree. And now the OP claims another company is allegedly "calling" about a job opportunity. Anyway...
Blue Skies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought it would be so difficult to go teach in a foreign country. I was led to believe by the two groups who called me that I should come over on a vacation and see if I liked the teaching atmosphere and then they would handle all the paperwork and visa stuff. Now I find out that just about everything they wanted me to do was illegal.

But I am mostly puzzled by how they got my resume when I never sent one to either one of those two agencies? And now that I told the Wiseway sales guy I was not interested in his garbage teaching job, one of his associates is now trying to sell me on getting my degree in China! I wonder how many different things they are going to try and peddle to me because the girl from ESL Network is also trying to sell me on a TESOL training course and a China homestay program as well, and a third company called "OnlineTEFL" wants be to be a "teacher intern" in China and they supposedly will pay my last two semesters of university I need to graduate with my bachelor degree. China seems like a big hustle to me. If not for the toxic air I would problem follow through on the free tuition offer however.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Skies wrote:
And now that I told the Wiseway sales guy I was not interested in his garbage teaching job, one of his associates is now trying to sell me on getting my degree in China!

I wonder how many different things they are going to try and peddle to me because the girl from ESL Network is also trying to sell me on a TESOL training course and a China homestay program as well, and a third company called "OnlineTEFL" wants be to be a "teacher intern" in China and they supposedly will pay my last two semesters of university I need to graduate with my bachelor degree. China seems like a big hustle to me.

If not for the toxic air I would problem follow through on the free tuition offer however.

Huh? You'd follow up on their offer of free tuition after you've gone on ad nauseam about these outfits being scams? Seriously? Shocked
SH_Panda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Blue Skies wrote:
And now that I told the Wiseway sales guy I was not interested in his garbage teaching job, one of his associates is now trying to sell me on getting my degree in China!

I wonder how many different things they are going to try and peddle to me because the girl from ESL Network is also trying to sell me on a TESOL training course and a China homestay program as well, and a third company called "OnlineTEFL" wants be to be a "teacher intern" in China and they supposedly will pay my last two semesters of university I need to graduate with my bachelor degree. China seems like a big hustle to me.

If not for the toxic air I would problem follow through on the free tuition offer however.

Huh? You'd follow up on their offer of free tuition after you've gone on ad nauseam about these outfits being scams? Seriously? Shocked

You've been here a long time. You know who this is. Why reply?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SH_Panda wrote:
nomad soul wrote:

You've been here a long time. You know who this is. Why reply?

That wasn't much of a reply. I was pointing out how nonsensical that "logic" was. The emperor has no clothes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: