Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colegio documents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The song

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Colegio documents Reply with quote

Hello,

Ive been reading here on Eslcafe and elsewhere, and I've gathered that institutes are not too picky about apostilles as long as you show them your degree (maybe just a copy?). While colegios want everything to be apostilled or as there's no apostilling in Canada, maybe notarized by a notary public is enough. Maybe even sealed by the Colombian consulate in Canada?

My main question is actually very specific and I don't suppose anyone will have a concrete answer, but I haven't recieved my CELTA certificate yet, and I'm a little anxious about booking a flight until I have it in my hand. Obviously I want to go before February so I can get a job at a Colegio. All Ihave at the moment is a report card from the school I got my CELTA not the certificate from Cambridge.

Thanks for reading.
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I went for an interview at a colegio and apostilled degrees never came up. I thought that you got your certificate right after finishing the course. You finished the CELTA course and just have a report card?

Anyway, I would go over and see what you can pick up.
The song

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's right, my CELTA course finished Dec 5, but my school told me I would get he certificate mid-Jan-ish. My plan was to go mid-feb but I'm reading now that a lot of schools will have started by then and I don't know if I'd enjoy the institute life as much as the colegio one.
spanglish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song wrote:
Yeah, that's right, my CELTA course finished Dec 5, but my school told me I would get he certificate mid-Jan-ish. My plan was to go mid-feb but I'm reading now that a lot of schools will have started by then and I don't know if I'd enjoy the institute life as much as the colegio one.

I *highly* doubt this would matter to any colegio you would be interviewing at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: