Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW VENTURER - WHAT'S TESOL LIKE IN YOUR 'ADOPTED' COUNTRY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGoodStory wrote:
Quote:

but getting in the door, I'll take the degrees

Most Mexicans will take their brother-in-law's employer's cousin's wife's recommendation first. Very Happy

That's exactly what I was thinking about Ecuador!
OldandNew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject: Now Thats Reality Reply with quote

AGoodStory wrote:
Most Mexicans will take their brother-in-law's employer's cousin's wife's recommendation first.

Point-Set-Match
OldandNew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: SHORT - MEDIUM - LONG RANGE GOALS Reply with quote

MotherF wrote:
Especially business English, they seem more likely to choose someone with an MBA over someone with a degree in Education.

Well, That's NEW info (and good news) for me, Thanks!
-
->I'm trying to look at the short, medium and long range goals. I believe one must live for today but I also believe the sun (as well as I) will rise tomorrow.
->I understand 'gaining experience'. I have enough money to give myself 1 full year of no work income ( even 2 if it comes to that) for seeking out resources (contacts) to resolve some of my 'work' problems down there while I get one year of my MA-TESOL under my belt.
-
->Following that line of reason:
-
-> Short Range- I have an BA in Accounting so that's in the right direction.
->Short Range- I have 25 years of owning/operating a successful small manufacturing (thru contract packaging) - distribution (sales-marketing) of industrial type products into the lodging - food service - health care - commercial property markets.
-> Short Range- I led many hundreds of seminars (group and 1-1), instructing (teaching) thousands of people in both English and Spanish in product usages and safety knowledge.
-> I am very good at teaching: passing information effectively and efficiently in a positive / relaxed environment
-
-> Mid-Range- after my MA in TESOL, then work on an MBA
-
-> Mid-Range > Long-Range - Marry a (Rich if possible) Mexicana = 40 -55 year old, Good Looking-Hot, Latina woman.
-> and if (probably) divorced-widowed; her children have long been gone out of the house (even for that culture).
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-> Mid-Range > Long-Range - Marry a (Rich if possible) Mexicana = 40 -55 year old, Good Looking-Hot, Latina woman.
-> and if (probably) divorced-widowed; her children have long been gone out of the house (even for that culture).

You were doing well up to here...whole other can of worms on the last step.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
OldandNew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: THANKS TO ALL Reply with quote

I want to thank EVERYONE who participated in this thread. I learned a lot from the valuable info I received from All!!
lagringalindissima

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: 1300 a month is probably enough to live on.. Reply with quote

If you really get 1300 a month consistetly, you don't need more than that to live on..unless you have a family, plan to fly home more than once a year, or expect to travel constantly. I did live in a smaller and non touristy city in both Ecuador and Peru. If you wanted to live in Cusco and eat at tourisy restaurants every week or live in Quito andd have a US lifestyle, then 1300 a month might not cut it. But if you want to live in Arequipa Peru or Loja Ecuador 1300 a month is plently. I am guessing, but I think you could live fine on 1300 a month in a non urban of Costa Rica..I did! I know nothing about central America, but I think it is a poorer part of the region than Ecuador or Costa Rica..meaning your money would go furher But do be aware that the visa could be an issue... no matter where you go..
twowheel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldandNew,

Five months later...how has it worked out for you? Cool

twowheel
OldandNew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Five months later Reply with quote

twowheel wrote:
OldandNew, Five months later...how has it worked out for you? Cool twowheel

Thanks for asking!

Unfortunately, I got held up by a medical surgery and a required long convalescents. I am hoping to start my venture in 8 months by being a 'ski bum' in Patagonia, Argentina for a year (or two) and then move to a less expensive city/country to settle down in.

I'll keep the world posted Cool

Hope all is well with you!!
abbott123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Hi Old and New, I just applied for my residente permenente.. Reply with quote

I was never asked for any income verification and I have been in Mexico 4 years as a residente temporal and I have never, been asked for any income information the entire time I have been here in Mexico. I have been to immigration in Mexico City, SLP and Queretaro and none of these offices ever mentioned any monthly income gudelines of any kind..Old and New come and see for youreslf don't take other peoples say so as gospel.. I never take other peoples word for things like this I always look for myself... I will be going to give my fingerprints on Tuesday and I should have my residente permenente, before the end of the month. Look for yourself......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: