Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tallinn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamze90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Tallinn Reply with quote

Hello. I was wondering what kind of life one could have with 1000 euro net a month ib Tallinn. Is the city expensive for living and rent? How about clothes? The closest I've been is Prague and Budapest, is it as cheap as those?

Thanks[/img]
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I thought you were heading to Italy.
http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=112532

Or to the Czech Republic.
http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=113013
http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=112995

Or maybe you're really just sitting (as in the past) in the UK, enjoying the process of sucking unneeded info from kind, unsuspecting posters on Dave's. When will the pms start?
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tallinn is expensive for rent relative to earnings. You would probably be paying 300-400 euros a month for rent if you scramble around. The nicer, more central places are higher.

I did like living there but it would be difficult to save on 1000 euros a month. You would need some private students and extra gigs.
gamze90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you currentaffaiars for the info. And spiral - I am just searching information before I leap to a new place. Isn't that what this forum is for?
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, if you are genuine. But the previous (banned) poster I am referring to was only using Dave's as entertainment; s/he provided numerous different descriptions of his/her supposed experience and background, and wasted the time of quite a few posters here via pms for information s/he never intended to actually use. That poster has been banned twice now, to my knowledge. That is why I and others are leery when a new name starts asking the same types of questions, and again all over the map. It doesn't look genuine.
gamze90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the heads up
DosEquisX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Sure, if you are genuine. But the previous (banned) poster I am referring to was only using Dave's as entertainment; s/he provided numerous different descriptions of his/her supposed experience and background, and wasted the time of quite a few posters here via pms for information s/he never intended to actually use. That poster has been banned twice now, to my knowledge. That is why I and others are leery when a new name starts asking the same types of questions, and again all over the map. It doesn't look genuine.

I don't understand how that's entertaining. Traditional trolling is ten times more enjoyable and easier.

However the people spreading misinformation trying to guide people in the wrong direction are pretty frustrating to deal with. Kind of muddies the waters when trying to find info here.
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't understand how that's entertaining.
I agree - it was just sucking the energy and time of unsuspecting - and kind- posters. I am not sure what the guy gets from it, but he was definitely here in the prior 2 incarnations, got nasty when exposed, and has been banned twice.

Still very doubtful that this new poster is genuine, frankly. See his latest on the North America board asking about US teacher certifications (after inquiring into PCGE recently). One or the other inquiry certainly isn't for real, unless as he suggests a US cert is transferable to the UK (which I also doubt very strongly).
GF

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks spiral78!!! You have just saved me from wasting time on someone who isn't serious about moving here to work, and being serious is the first prerequisite to succeeding here (as I am sure it is in most places).
gamze90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/qualified-teacher-status-qts#teachers-qualified-in-australia-canada-new-zealand-and-the-usa

Guess you aint a certified teacher, Spiral!
gamze90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who is in doubt - please check the N. America forum as many people on there are aware of US/UK reciprocity agreements. I guess Spiral just gets kicks out of 'bullying' new members... Thank God I have a life!
spiral78

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and maybe someday you will take your quals to Italy, Estonia, the Czech Rep, or some other place. Or maybe you'll still be asking hypothetical questions and sending pms to people all over the map for no actual purpose.
jonniboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DosEquisX wrote:
spiral78 wrote:

I don't understand how that's entertaining. Traditional trolling is ten times more enjoyable and easier.

However the people spreading misinformation trying to guide people in the wrong direction are pretty frustrating to deal with. Kind of muddies the waters when trying to find info here.

The most bizarre trolling ever. I deal with trolling all the time on Wikipedia and at least there's a logic behind it. This is not even really trolling, just stupidity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: