Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accommodation for small families in Summer Schools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
booty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Accommodation for small families in Summer Schools Reply with quote

I am thinking of returning to the UK and doing a summer school. Although I know that many summer schools include accommodation for teachers, I am not sure if any can provide accommodation for small families, including a wife and small child.
Has anyone had any experience in this?
NilSatis82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very surprised if this were possible. Ive certainly never heard of it. Besides, most of the accommodation offered at summer schools is not somewhere you'd really want to house your family anyway. Most summer schools are located in university campuses or boarding schools, so not particularly set up for accommodating families.
D. Amokachi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I would say that it's highly unlikely that there are any summer schools that accommodate families. From my experience staff often have to share rooms so the chances of you getting a whole room for you and your family would be pretty slim. Good luck though.
barabbas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most universities have accommodation for families onsite. The places are sometimes full in the summer though as the families can tend to stay on. That said, there are often free flats for families. The difficulty is that the summer school would have to make special arrangements and probably pay more. I can only see companies doing this if they really want you - for example if you are a DoS who has the DELTA and the summer school is desperate to get you in (e.g. to pass a BC inspection).

Hope this helps and good luck - there's no harm in applying and asking anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: