Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TESOL attesting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DutchDiva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: TESOL attesting Reply with quote

Hi all! Can someone please assist? I received my TESOL from a school in another country a few years ago. I am in the USA now and was told I need my TESOL attested. Can I submit it to my notary and state department for authentication? Or, does it have to be sent to the origin country for authentication?
sauditeech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: no Reply with quote

Who needs it attesting? Is it the Saudi Cultural Bureau? if so, then you will have to get your TESOL records department to send an email to the SACB. I am currently doing this in the UK and my TEFLA certificate is being sent by post only to the SACB in London. They won't email it. Does this help?
DutchDiva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is for SACB. I shall have my school mail them. Thanks again!
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For clarification:

SACB= Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau (UK)
SACM= Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (US)

DutchDiva wrote:
I received my TESOL from a school in another country a few years ago. I am in the USA now and was told I need my TESOL attested. Can I submit it to my notary and state department for authentication? Or, does it have to be sent to the origin country for authentication?

The party that issued the cert should authenticate it. (Notary publics verify signatures, not the authenticity of a document.) Check with your visa agent for help with the process.

However, if your cert is a CELTA, see the section "Applying for a certifying statement," on Cambridge English for instructions.
sauditeech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

Cambridge English in the UK will send authentication of TEFL certificates by post to the Saudi Cultural Bureau in London. They just emailed me this morning but you have to send them a scan of your TEFL certificate, a copy of your passport or driving licence and you have to sign a copy of a letter they send you authorising them to release the information. They only send by post, not email.
sauditeech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

The email in the UK for Cambridge English is [email protected]
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: no Reply with quote

sauditeech wrote:
The email in the UK for Cambridge English is [email protected]

Which is indicated per the link I provided.

DutchDiva wrote:
I am in the USA now and was told I need my TESOL attested.

Yes it is for SACB. I shall have my school mail them.

Are you a US citizen? If so, your documents and visa application would be processed by the SACM and Saudi consulate in Washington, D.C.
DutchDiva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification between SACM and SACB. I am a US citizen, and no it isn't CELTA.
DutchDiva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The party that issued the cert should authenticate it. (Notary publics verify signatures, not the authenticity of a document.) "

I received an email from the director of my TESOL program. Since he already stamped and signed the back of the degree,is that considered enough? Or is there a form he needs to fill out and submit to SACM?
sauditeech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

I don't think you need to notarise your TESOL and Degree for the SACB. You just upload a copy of it onto their website and have your TESOL sent by Cambridge or whoever it is in the USA. Then you need to get the registrar of your university to email the SACB [email protected] for the UK. I don't know what the email is in the USA.

I think AFTER your degree and TESOL have been attested, you have to get them legalised by the FCO. I haven't got as far as that yet though. This is the webpage of the SACB in the UK http://uksacb.org/uk-en1313/
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: no Reply with quote

DutchDiva wrote:
Thanks for the clarification between SACM and SACB. I am a US citizen, and no it isn't CELTA.

sauditeech wrote:
I don't think you need to notarise your TESOL and Degree for the SACB. You just upload a copy of it onto their website and have your TESOL sent by Cambridge or whoever it is in the USA. Then you need to get the registrar of your university to email the SACB attest@uksacb... for the UK. I don't know what the email is in the USA.

I think AFTER your degree and TESOL have been attested, you have to get them legalised by the FCO. I haven't got as far as that yet though. This is the webpage of the SACB in the UK http://uksacb...

Shocked

Uh, you should sit this one out; the OP is American and is in the US. The SACM in the US has a different process. She also doesn't have a CELTA, so Cambridge is irrelevant in her case.
DutchDiva

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any success contacting SACM? I have left voicemails and emails. No response!
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SACM is not always easy to reach.

We might be able to help you with whatever questions/concerns you have regarding authentication.
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
The SACM is not always easy to reach.

We might be able to help you with whatever questions/concerns you have regarding authentication.

We? Who´s we?
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sheikh

Probably posters on this forum - unless nomad has multiple personalities.

Or did you think the "royal we" was being used? Very Happy

Regards,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: