Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Opportunity For Pre-school Teacher in Bangkok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nonganT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Any Opportunity For Pre-school Teacher in Bangkok Reply with quote

Hello!

Does anyone has any information regarding teaching young children in Bangkok? Age from 4 to 6 years old. You know the Kindergarten environment?

Anyone has any news about this? I am looking and seaching for more information in this area.

I heard from some native Thai that their government won't employ any people from overseas since they have their own people to do the teaching. It is true?

Please advise. Thanks~

Very Happy nonganT
tedkarma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the job board at ajarn.com and you'll see lots of jobs for kindergarten-level teachers - seems more popular than ever. And, for some reason, they seem to be paying better than most EFL jobs.

Go for it.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, check the job board and you'll see lots of jobs for every level, a dozen or more most every day many of them advertising for multiple positions. Thailand now seems to be facing an acute shortage of language teachers, Thai, natives and others.

I feel that you could almost certainly obtain employment, but should ask yourself why so few are willing to work there. Confused
nonganT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the replies and advises. in fact, i am still searching for more information. i don't want it to be a rush kind of things. i am going to teach in BKk for the Kindergarten level. i also need to know whether how much are they(thai) willing to pay me and where will i be staying while teaching in BKK.

i don't want to end up in some weird place or to be put up at some scary environment.

BKK looks quite scary at night. if you know what i mean. its after all not a very safe place to stay if you are not careful with whom you are living with.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i also need to know whether how much are they(thai) willing to pay me [sic]

Yes, that is a good question and what I was suggesting that you ask yourself about: "I feel that you could almost certainly obtain employment, but should ask yourself why so few are willing to work there." in my message above. In other words, the pay is not very good.

As for the safety in Bangkok, I would say that it is a reasonably safe city, but women should be especially careful if out late at night.

Are you of Chinese ethnicity? Mandarin is also taught in many schools.
nonganT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigmoid wrote:
Quote:
i also need to know whether how much are they(thai) willing to pay me [sic]

Yes, that is a good question and what I was suggesting that you ask yourself about: "I feel that you could almost certainly obtain employment, but should ask yourself why so few are willing to work there." in my message above. In other words, the pay is not very good.

As for the safety in Bangkok, I would say that it is a reasonably safe city, but women should be especially careful if out late at night.

Are you of Chinese ethnicity? Mandarin is also taught in many schools.

Thanks! Thanks for your advise. You've done a good reseach about BKK.

Well, I am a Chinese but I can't really teach Mandarin. I am better in English.

Weird, some commented that the pay for Pre-school teaching is so much better than anything. And, you wrote otherwise. Why is that so? Can you please share your experience?

I am all ears. Thanks!

Surprised nonganT
sigmoid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Weird, some commented that the pay for Pre-school teaching is so much better than anything. And, you wrote otherwise. Why is that so? Can you please share your experience?

While it may be true that pre-school teaching jobs may pay more than other teaching jobs in Thailand, the salaries in general are low there. So better than low is still low in my opinion. Also, as a non-native speaker you will be expected to accept less.

Again, I would urge you to have a look at the jobs ads and see what I mean for yourself. Wink
nonganT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I would urge you to have a look at the jobs ads and see what I mean for yourself. Wink[/quote]

Wink Thanks!

I will look into the job ads which you have had mentioned here. By the way, is there any other place where I can locate more information about Pre-school Jobs in BKK?

Asking in case you know. Thanks! Surprised

Take care,
nonganT Razz
nonganT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool heheh...

sorry...does anyone knows the address(website) for me to search for Pre-school job in BKK, Thailand?

please help thanks!

cheers,
nonganT
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: