Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing jobs from one university to another.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnRambo

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Changing jobs from one university to another. Reply with quote

I wanted to know what the procedures are if one decides to change universities? I sent my papers to Yok already. That's because my card expires early. I didn't sign the new contract yet. Another university contacted me for an interview. Is it possible to quit after you've submitted to your initial university? I don't really know how things work in Turkey.
Nebbich

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main thing fot you is the residence...and you have a time lag to change jobs in...a period of grace.
If you haven't signed a new contract with the current employer, you have the right to sign a new contract elsewhere...just make sure that their HR start the process immediately! This is no problem for YOK, in fact, it's normal at this time of year. Just give everything to the new Uni to deal with...but, if they are incompetent in this, it's a warning sign for the future.
JohnRambo

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nebbich wrote:
The main thing fot you is the residence...and you have a time lag to change jobs in...a period of grace.
If you haven't signed a new contract with the current employer, you have the right to sign a new contract elsewhere...just make sure that their HR start the process immediately! This is no problem for YOK, in fact, it's normal at this time of year. Just give everything to the new Uni to deal with...but, if they are incompetent in this, it's a warning sign for the future.

I decided to stick with my university, because I'm going to need the money as I'm going to take various ESL training type classes that will cost me money, and the way my university set up my residency, they've got it expiring in June.

And other universities start in September, so I'd be without pay for 2 months if I made the change. The same would happen next year, but I won't be paying for any expensive classes and will use that time to travel or go home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: