Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wall Street English

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ericjohns

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Wall Street English Reply with quote

WSE is closing down all their centres in Germany by the end of the year. Anyone know why?
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you're in Amiens, France, why would you care?

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?p=1241982&highlight=#1241982

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
kpjf

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's Amiens? Rolling Eyes

I was curious why myself (though you don't need to be Einstein to be able to do a quick Google to find the answer).

Quote:

What’s happening?

Today we are announcing the difficult decision to close Wall Street English operations in Germany.

Throughout the rest of 2016 operations in our 23 WSE centres in Germany will be closed.

Why is it happening?

Wall Street English has been helping people learn English in Germany for more than 21 years. In that time we have seen a number of changes for the better. One of those changes has been an overall improvement in English proficiency, often due to better English classes at school, now as early as the 1st class.

With a higher level of English being spoken by a larger amount of people in Germany, we feel it will, in the future, be increasingly difficult to deliver the full, high quality, WSE student experience that our students, just like you, expect and deserve.

For that reason, we have taken the difficult decision to close our operations in Germany.

What will happen to my English course?

We are committed to putting your interests first and plan to teach out the remainder of your course.

In some cases, if this is not possible, we will refund your course price or provide a suitable alternative that you agree with.

When will my centre be closing?

We have several thousand students across Germany who, just like you, have purchased English courses from us and we are committed to putting your needs first.

For this reason, we will be keeping our centres open, in order to allow students to finish the courses they paid for.

In some cases, where this may not be possible, we will refund your course price or provide a suitable alternative that you agree with.
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to feed the troll, but excluding him, it's interesting what the implications are for the job market in Germany. Not surprising that there is less demand for EFL teachers, honestly. It's heading in the same direction as the Netherlands, where there is nearly no opportunity for foreign English teachers.
Ericjohns

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Amiens and it is great! Lovely place. WSE is growing in France and in Italy so was curious as to why the German group isnt doing so well.
Ericjohns

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Spiral. The Netherlands and Germany can be grouped with Sandinavia now. I am not sure if Belgium will also follow. There is still work in France although it's hard to come by.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: