Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teach to Travel Turkey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faiz Sall

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Teach to Travel Turkey Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone here has gotten an English teaching job in Turkey via the recruiter Teach To Travel?

I recently just had an interview with them and they asked me to make a video CV of myself which I did. I have sent them the video CV together with other documents such as my TEFL certificate and bachelor of degree.

Feel free to share your experience working in Turkey here. Would you suggest me to work there or avoid it completely.

Regards.
Nebbich

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they appear in a number of threads here...the general view has not been so positive. I understand that they take a cut of your monthly salary...schools which pay 3500 only par 3400 with them. I have personally avoided them. Prudential are a better bet and very supportive.
JohnRambo

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your qualifications? As far as working in Turkey, there are, of course, risks just like working in South Korea. Especially, if you're dealing with a private academy or what they call a "course" over here. People avoid working for certain places. As far as my experience, I work for a national university. While some of them are quite good, my university's ex-HR did something illegal in terms of the dates of my contract. However, many universities follow the law, but it can happen that various Turks will ignore their own laws. I probably won't be working at my university in the near future.
Faiz Sall

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Bachelor of Degree in Business and Commerce and I also hold the 120 hours TESOL certificate. I sent my documents and CV to them several days ago and I have yet to get any replies. So I am feeling a bit worried. But thank you for your feedback. I am highly grateful. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: