Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undocumented immigrant set to become certified teacher at 19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asiannationmc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"An executive order is not a law, it is an order. They have the "force" of law, but that does not make them law."

The Supreme court check Obama's privilege....so how is tht defined ...half a force, partial force.... a tiny weeny bit of a force....

Some states dont wanna play the fed's reindeer games.one example..Arizona, DACA can't get illegals a driver's license or in-state tuition at state colleges and universities. Arizona also makes it difficult for immigrants whose parents brought them to the U.S. illegally to take advantage of GED diploma programs that would help them qualify for DACA. There are lawsuits to make these statesw compliant.. not sure where the courts are presently but a federal court dismissed a lawsuit by immigrants' rights groups in Nebraska,
Wolfsong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adventious wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Where's that PC Parrot member? I miss them right now.
You are simply denying one set of semantics to assert another.
You are making a zero-sum argument, but prefer the descriptors of finite and infinite.

Have to say you do really sound ultra PC yourself. It is not a question of semantics but of finite resources V infinite resources. But I can see why you claim it's semantics. Doing so allows you to maintain a certain view while accusing others who disagree with your views as being "shameful". Very transparent.

adventious wrote:
The policies and procedures by which republics allocate resources is a compromise of principles; Policy works within constraints. Learning why immigrant status hasn't been made a priority in higher education, the culture and traditions of that evolution, is a matter you'd prefer to defer because ignorance reinforces itself this way.

True that policy works within constraints but to say that I prefer to defer the question of why immigration hasn't been made a priority and that this is based on ignorance, is purely a fallacious claim on your part based purely on a dislike of what I have previously said and is a clear indication of quite an authoritarian mind-set. This is very common among people with views like yours. You should address the points instead of seeking to attack the user.

[quote="adventious"There is simply no agency to enforce the fair allocation you'd prefer with its requisite database, design thereof, administration, security procedures, weighted variables, and on and on.[/quote]

This does not equate with none being possible or with the current situation being correct.

adventious wrote:
From your armchair, a conclusion that undocumented immigrants (or illegal immigrants if you prefer) should be denied x and y resources/privileges might have an appeal, but no implementation other than authoritarian edicts contrary to little things like The Constitution and The Bill of Rights.

But that's nothing new.

From your armchair you don't understand that implementation of such a policy would not run counter to The Constitution of Bill of Rights. But don't let that stop you claiming ti does.

adventious wrote:
Monies are made available and people apply-- what measures ensure they're pursued by the greatest number of people for the best possible reasons is missing a criterion you'd prefer it didn't-- end of story.

Your argument is one of many bullies before and it's shameful.

And there we have the usual accusations of those with a certain view towards others with different views. What is in fact shameful and bullying is those who throw around accusations of bullying and shamefulness. Please tell me in what way is anything I have said shameful or bullying. I'd really like to know your reason for this accusation.

The rest of your argument depends upon the fallacious claims you have made and reinterpretations of the actual situation from the beginning. This is why it doesn't stand up despite trying to put it across as if you know what you are talking about. You don't. But please try and adress my question in the paragraph above.
wangdaning

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Dear wandaning,

And thank goodness you're not my student. You were totally wrong about this:

"Heavy use of EOs is only with the most recent 3-4 presidents."

But refuse to accept facts.

Regards,
John

Great, so Roosi to Bush had how many again?
santi84

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

It's common knowledge that FDR led the pack with EOs, isn't it?
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear wnagdaning,

" . . . Roosi to Bush had how many again?"

Not sure how "Roosi"(which, I suppose, means Franklin Roosevelt) got in there since you wrote "the most recent 3-4 presidents - unless your knowledge of US history has misled you into thinking that FDR was one of those "most recent 3-4 presidents."

If you're interested, though, the link provides access to a chart, which you can use to get the number you seek.

You'll have to total twelve figures, though, and do some multiplication and division, so you'd better get some help.

Regards,
John
wangdaning

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, before that there were few EOs until we get to Roosevelt.
asiannationmc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behind every successful illegal immigrant stands an illegal act.
santi84

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wangdaning wrote:
Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, before that there were few EOs until we get to Roosevelt.

What are you basing your information on? I'm looking at charts about EOs issued between Roosevelt and Bush, and I have no idea how you could come to that conclusion. The average EOs per year in office are all higher during this time (sometimes doubled or tripled), and the overall issues are generally higher with some exceptions (most notably Kennedy overall, which was understandably cut short).
wangdaning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

santi84 wrote:
(most notably Kennedy overall, which was understandably cut short).

Ouch.

Carter, Reagan, Nixon, Johnson.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: