Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rooms and housing for newbies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hubris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Rooms and housing for newbies Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Moving to saigon soon and would like to know the situation with renting a room/apartment in saigon.

Is it difficult to find a nice room in a house preferably with one or two westerners? My budget would be 250-300 usd per month.

Also what are the best ways to find accommodation. I've looked online but I can't see that many rooms available. Is the best way to go through an estate agent or directly online?

Any info will be much appreciated 👌
LarssonCrew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get an airbnb for the first month, I saw some for around 300 for entire apartments.

Also try the HCM craigslist.

Other than that I'm sure, as with most SEA cities, arrive, book a nice hostel for a few nights and then find your thing on the ground.
SimonW1986

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start off by getting into a guest house in Co Bac street for a few nights. They can do longer but personally I don't think the area is too pleasant or safe. You might find longer term rooms in essentially managed houses on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street the alleys 18A 18B and 18BIS have plenty with signs. Usually the ones in 18A and 18B are full of expats. Unfortunately a lot of them are the more "Bohemian hipster types" who will bore your head off talking down teachers and talking up being a "digital nomad" (Try to get a straight earnings figure from them!) but the rooms are usually good.

If you are working outside the centre you can get a room in a house or flat for 200-300 that would be very nice and possibly your own apartment
Spelunker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: re: cheers Reply with quote

thks larssoncrew and simon.

I can definitely recommend the hostel thing for the first few nights, just to unwind, meet a few people, and find your feet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: