Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Immigration Sponsorship - Employer Point of View

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Immigration Sponsorship - Employer Point of View Reply with quote

Immigration and visas always being a topic, I thought I'd share my experiences and thoughts from the employer view. And Tretyakovskii asked me to describe this once it was done.

I incorporated this year and set about registering with immigration to be able to sponsor foreigners for work in Mexico as teachers. It's a relatively easy process if you've done everything correctly and costs nothing more than what you pay a lawyer to help.

Assuming you are already incorporated as a persona moral, the steps are:

1. Complete a simple registration with INM
2. Provide your acta constitutiva (incorporation documents)
3. Show you are up to date on your taxes
4. Provide a list of employees with their nationalities

There is some kind of ratio they want to see within your industry to make sure you aren't giving away jobs Mexicans can fill, but there are no guidelines given to you on this. I will guess that education and specifically, English education, gets an easier pass than say, bartending and entertainment.

The whole process takes 3 days to register. After that, you simply submit your job offers to INM via an online system and can start hiring foreigners.

Which I - or rather, my company - can now do!

This all got me wondering why there are so many schools that don't do it, or claim they can't. Even large players like Berlitz struggle with this.

I have to imagine that a lot of schools are not properly configured with SAT from the get go...being family-owned, perhaps they are registered incorrectly or with the wrong industry. Maybe the ratio is the problem, although I never see that among the largest international schools that will have over 50% foreign teachers on staff.

Maybe someone else here has some knowledge to share about their school. From here forward, when I walk into schools for a visit, I'll be pointing out how easy it is to do. Might be able to even turn a consulting business on getting them set up...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: