Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U.S. Citizens Vote Early!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluetortilla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: U.S. Citizens Vote Early! Reply with quote

Although this a non-job related post, I hope our mods will let it stand:

If you are a U.S. citizen living abroad I strongly urge you to vote this November. And please urge your friends to vote as well.
I've NEVER discussed politics in this forum before but this election is just too crucial to let me in good conscience not say anything. I don't want to debate or anything- I think any American by now knows the score. I just want to encourage EVERYONE with U.S. citizenship to vote.

THIS IS NONPARTISAN AND NOT MEANT TO ENCOURAGE DEBATE OR TO PRUSUADE
spiral78

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked and confirmed Wink Laughing
bluetortilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: U.S. Citizens Vote Early! Reply with quote

bluetortilla wrote:
Although this a non-job related post, I hope our mods will let it stand:

If you are a U.S. citizen living abroad I strongly urge you to vote this November. And please urge your friends to vote as well.
I've NEVER discussed politics in this forum before but this election is just too crucial to let me in good conscience not say anything. I don't want to debate or anything- I think any American by now knows the score. I just want to encourage EVERYONE with U.S. citizenship to vote.

THIS IS NONPARTISAN AND NOT MEANT TO ENCOURAGE DEBATE OR TO PRUSUADE

More info:
Federal Voting Assistance Program:

www.fvap.gov

D.O.S. Overseas Voting Information:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/abroad/legal-matters/

Living abroad can put us in the poppy fields. For me that's usually a nice place to be but this election is REALLY important.
btsmrtfan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just registered to vote. This is not an election I am going to sit out. Wink
Landon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in on this one as well. We have a "lesser of two evils" situation on our hands.
bluetortilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landon wrote:
Im in on this one as well. We have a "lesser of two evils" situation on our hands.

@Landon and btsmrtfan

Do you all have any suggestions of how we can get this message out and remind people? I'm willing to put a web site for ex pats with a forum or even a blog section to discuss the issues, but I figure traffic will next to nothing as I know nothing about promotion. If I sent the URL to ex pat sites around the world do you think people would look?

Any ideas would be helpful. This is an extremely important election, and I've never seen such chaos and disaster leading up to a Presidential election in my life. People not only need to vote, but we need calming down too.

Thanks.
bluetortilla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U.S. citizens- if you haven't registered to vote yet, you should probably do it soon. Actually, you can register to vote once a year anytime after Jan. 1st, just for info.
In my state it looks like I can not only register but also get my ballot online, so I shouldn't have any time problems.

Think of democracy as a duty or a privilege; either way get out the vote! Thinking that your vote doesn't change things is just plain wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: