Site Search:
 
Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clarification on working permit documents

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SinaloaPaisa



Joined: 27 Sep 2015
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Clarification on working permit documents Reply with quote

Original University degree

Criminal Check (only Federal or will state level work?)

Certificate (only ESL related or will an actual teaching license from the states work ie math for example?)

Coming over in about 4 months. Trying to get my ducks in a row.

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RustyShackleford



Joined: 13 May 2013
Posts: 439

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Original University degree


Yep.

Quote:
Criminal Check (only Federal or will state level work?)


Yep. Either. Just make it's notarized.

Quote:
Certificate (only ESL related or will an actual teaching license from the states work ie math for example?)


If you have an actual teaching license, I'd suggest looking into getting work at an international school and not bother with the ESL market.

But, Yep.

Quote:
Coming over in about 4 months. Trying to get my ducks in a row.

Thanks


Good luck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnneSansTete



Joined: 26 Jun 2012
Posts: 46

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyShackleford wrote:
Quote:
Original University degree


Yep.

Quote:
Criminal Check (only Federal or will state level work?)


Yep. Either. Just make it's notarized.



Do you know if a dismissed charge would cause problems? (A 9 year old misdemeanor DUI)

TIA,

Anne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RustyShackleford



Joined: 13 May 2013
Posts: 439

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say No. Generally with criminal background checks, they really don't want to see anything except No Record.

However, if it's such an old charge (and given the prevalence of DUI in Vietnam), I don't think you have too much to worry about so long as you're forthcoming about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnneSansTete



Joined: 26 Jun 2012
Posts: 46

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyShackleford wrote:
I can't say No. Generally with criminal background checks, they really don't want to see anything except No Record.

However, if it's such an old charge (and given the prevalence of DUI in Vietnam), I don't think you have too much to worry about so long as you're forthcoming about it.


Thanks. Guess I'll find out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m87k



Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I previously lived in VN for a while, I'm coming back after spending 5 months in Japan and will have to apply for a new WP. Will a police check from the UK (my home nation) work?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenE



Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m87k wrote:
I previously lived in VN for a while, I'm coming back after spending 5 months in Japan and will have to apply for a new WP. Will a police check from the UK (my home nation) work?


Unless things have changed, the answer is yes. They tend to look at where you are from not where you have been
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RustyShackleford



Joined: 13 May 2013
Posts: 439

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconding BenE - the answer is Yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2018 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Teaching Jobs in China
Teaching Jobs in China