Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New World Education: Thai Binh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
White Boy 55

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: New World Education: Thai Binh Reply with quote

Warning. Stay away from this organization. "She" the director is a liar, a cheat, and absolutely never pays her staff. I have personally seen her try to destroy many teacher's lives. She is not looking for teachers...she wants slaves. EVERY teacher there runs away after a few months. She will threaten you with police, immigration, mafia...all bluffs. She is just a farmer with a car trying to bully who will believe her. PM if you need details.
Action

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Good Advice Reply with quote

New World/ New World Education/ New World English Center/ etc.

The schools many websites and Facebook are quite unreal.

Basically, Vietnamese staff are abused as volunteer interns while boosting their resume to find a real job.

For information purposes, the "farmers" husband is vice-director of the local military. This could seriously affect your comfort remaining in the area, if not Vietnam?

This "farmer" is disliked by many local public schools that she claims are "jealous".

The "farmer" has at least 4 franchises widely scattered around the area of Thai Binh, class sizes can be as high as 50 students, even more when outsourced to public schools. She engages a would-be rally driver to risk your life meeting their schedules.

Working for any school in the Thai Binh area may entail you being sub-contracted to New World (since they can't retain teachers), that will involve frequent 3-5 hour road trips to the province and back for which you will be paid an hour or two's teaching ($16-$32 for 3-5 hours, so $7 an hour, wow)!

The answer is to have an exclusion clause written into your contract.

Another school to check carefully in Thai Binh is Ocean International Language Center, they were investigated by a department of foreign affairs for alleged maltreatment of a Filipino teacher that they illegally hired on a tourist visa around 2012 (you can read about this on several websites).

Perhaps Thai Binh's best language centre is called POLO. This school was created by the disaffected and unpaid staff from another school, you will be treated fairly and the accommodation is quite acceptable.

I preferred teaching in Nam Dinh because it has a more sociable local park and a BigC supermarket, where at 6am you can ride an express sleeper bus to Hanoi (My Dinh or Giap Bat) within two hours. This is critical since there's only one day off a week and the last bus left Hanoi around 7pm in my day, giving me a bare 11 hours to enjoy there!
Coollady62

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: New World Education- Thai Binh Reply with quote

I am currently in Thai Binh and am enjoying my stay here. The owner is running so many centres in the Thai Binh province and tries so hard to accommodate state school curriculum as well as private lessons. She offers free lessons to those who cannot afford to pay for private English including an SOS orphanage in Thai Binh.

I have been here six weeks and am working at several schools, the furthest of which is 1 hour away. We travel in her car or by taxi and there is no dangerous driving involved. As a volunteer, the maximum hours we work is 12 hours per week, most of the students I have met here have been volunteering, stay for at least three months and often move on to other New World centres in Saigon or Hanoi.

I cannot relate to the previous post as I have been treated so well here and met so many other volunteers who have enjoyed their stay here.
White Boy 55

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: New World Education: Thai Binh Reply with quote

Good. As long as you are working for free (9,000☆)..then life is good for you. Young and naive was our biggest fear. To be trapped there. Carry on. See what happens when you try to leave.

Modern day slavery

White Boy 55

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: New World Education: Thai Binh Reply with quote

She is a liar, cheater and failure. Volunteers are her only option. Many vouuteeer sites have blocked her.
    Action

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: NEW WORLD Reply with quote

Ref: Coollady post.

To our knowledge there are no affiliated "New World" businesses in Saigon or Hanoi! So perhaps the post refers to the Hanoi based agency charged with recruiting teachers?

12 hours work means a part-time job, previous full-time teachers have worked more than their contracted face to face class hours without receiving the agreed overtime payments!
    The 3-5 hours trip I quoted relates to an hours drive, one or two classes and an hours drive back to more classes at the school base or to the teachers accommodation.
    Hence $18 for one hours class divided by three hours due to travel equals $6 an hour!

The owner and her husband are good safe drivers.
    However, they were mostly unavailable due to their regular full-time jobs and the part-time driver was perfectly reckless by speeding on narrow rural roads and passing dangerously close to pedestrian students and old people on bicycles!

White Boy's original posting is spot on!
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: