Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

advice on English Centre- Locri

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
berries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: advice on English Centre- Locri Reply with quote

Hi

I have just received an offer to teach at the English Centre, Locri. Has anyone worked here recently? Any advice/insight welcome as I am a little wary due to some recent bad experiences!

Thanks
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the offer is to start soon I would guess you are being hired to replace someone who has left untimely, as most contracts in the region are Sept/Oct thru June-ish. Could be totally innocent, or a signal someone got fed up or wasn't paid. You are probably right to be wary, and I suggest asking openly how the opening came about and if you can be put in touch with your potential work colleagues.
When I have been in the process of hiring new teachers, I encourage preliminary meetings with the other teachers in our institution, even if it must be via skype. It's only fair to everyone.
siologen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: re: recurring adverts... Reply with quote

They seem to be desperate to hire year round. Thinking about it, it must be a revolving door, someone comes and stays for a month or two, or does not pass the probation, or tells them to stick it after the probation. Whether there are better jobs in Italy remains to be seen, I am sure there are, but it is NOT my cup of tea, too low paid there for tefl and too expensive with regards living costs. If anyone wants to know more, fire me a PM. Cheers, s
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: