Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NET or International school
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CEB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have IB training + experience? Without it, ESF may have binned your application.

Quick question, if you have QTS and experience in the UK, why are you wasting your time in Korea at a hagwon for peanuts? ...a job that is usually for people with no experience and no training.
Jmbf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOD EDIT
Love your energy but you need to FOCUS. You're all over the place like a jackrabbit on steroids.

Firstly, what exactly are your qualifications and experience? ESF schools usually require (at minimum) QTS, home country teaching experience and (more recently) some IB experience.

From the ESF website (http://www.esf.edu.hk/terms-and-conditions/) teacher salaries range from approx HK $37K - 65K. On top of this a cash allowance is given for housing of HK $8,050 / month (NOT HK $21,000). Check the website, it's there in black and white. Now there are various other benefits so you have to take into account the package as a whole BUT remember the ESF schools are real international schools, not some faux-international schools in China which are 'international' in name only. You will need to be a good teacher with excellent background and references to be in with a shot of getting a position.
Kowloon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOD EDIT
Can you link to that? I thought ESF was around 40kish + a housing allowance of around 7k.

The NET scheme housing is exactly 21k at the moment.
warriorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$20,989 Razz
Kowloon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warriorer wrote:
$20,989 Razz

Wink
Jmbf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kowloon wrote:

Can you link to that? I thought ESF was around 40kish + a housing allowance of around 7k.

From my post above : From the ESF website (http://www.esf.edu.hk/terms-and-conditions/) teacher salaries range from approx HK $37K - 65K. On top of this a cash allowance is given for housing of HK $8,050 / month.
Jmbf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOD EDIT

EDB NET Scheme salary and benefits for primary school are here:

http://www.edb.gov.hk/en/sch-admin/admin/about-sch-staff/net-scheme/recruitment-primary-net.html

Secondary school is here:

http://www.edb.gov.hk/en/sch-admin/admin/about-sch-staff/net-scheme/recruitment-secondary-net.html

The 65K basic salary ceiling is for secondary school teachers, the ceiling for primary school teachers is 54K. However, you are right that the accommodation allowance is approx 21K and that is on top of basic salary. Also, there are also allowances for flights and health insurance. A decent bonus is also paid out if your performance is 'satisfactory'.
Mr. Kalgukshi
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several troll authored postings have been deleted along with the now ex-member that posted them. Please advise the Mod Team as soon as you suspect a troll at work here.
Kowloon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmbf wrote:
Kowloon wrote:

From my post above : From the ESF website (http://www.esf.edu.hk/terms-and-conditions/) teacher salaries range from approx HK $37K - 65K. On top of this a cash allowance is given for housing of HK $8,050 / month.

Sorry missed it earlier. Surprised

Never realised Cebuman was a troll tbf. Probably says a lot about the quality of some of the posting on Dave's Laughing
Jmbf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kowloon wrote:

Never realised Cebuman was a troll tbf. Probably says a lot about the quality of some of the posting on Dave's Laughing

Was he a troll? He certainly came across as a bit scatterbrained but he asked some interesting questions and he never insulted anyone (that I could see). I'm curious as to the reasons for his ban.

I can tell you this, the Hong Kong forum hasn't seen that much activity in ages. Aren't increased postings and the resulting increased awareness of the forum good?
Kowloon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing they identified that he was maybe a troll in a previous account and that's why they decided to ban him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: