Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teachingabroaddirect.co.uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efemmera

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: teachingabroaddirect.co.uk Reply with quote

I just wanted to give people a heads up with this recruiter. I erroneously applied for a position through this recruiter over a year ago and have been receiving unwanted emails from them ever since. There is no unsubscribe option with their emails. I politely requested to be removed from their mailing list several times but never received a response. I then blocked their email address and would start receiving emails from another recruiter from the company. I add that they also do not respond to specific queries regarding jobs that they send, it just seems to be some sort of job spam. I emailed them today to inform them that I had been requesting for over one year that they stop emailing me and as they had not, I had reported them to British authorities. Their response was to send me another spam email almost immediately after. I hope that by posting this, I send others from their periodic incessant spam. If anyone else has experienced similar issues with this or any UK based company, I would suggest reporting the behaviour to the Information Commissioner's Office.
Shookran

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes you angry enough to go there and email them. BUT, just landing on their site is dangerous for others. There is technology now to get your email address from just being on the site, and they could start spamming YOU. So, not saying that you are one of them, but you could be, and I advise people to NOT go to their site. Sorry if you are genuine but I had to give this advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: