Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching jobs in South America

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hhqassem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Teaching jobs in South America Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I am looking for a source or website where I can find a list of updated teaching jobs in South America. Something like a craigslist or a monster.com but for positions in South America. Would anyone here happen to know of any?

My main targets in South America are Colombia, Peru, Chile.

Thank you.
PittsburghSound

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Most teaching jobs in South America don't make it on to the internet. The vast majority of positions are discovered and filled in person. If I were you, I would focus mainly on Chile and Colombia.

The only problem with Chile is that it's undoubtedly going to be an expensive flight from wherever you are. But if you have the cash to get there, Chile has the most robust economy in South America. The possibilities for decent-paying jobs there are practically endless.

Colombia is also a great option for ESL. You would make more in Chile, but Colombia is a far more interesting country culturally and geographically in my perhaps biased opinion. There's a lot to see and do in Colombia. I've been all over South America, and the Colombians are the friendliest and most welcoming people I've met. They are hard-working and proud, and they are eager to share their culture and way of life with you.

Also, how is your Spanish? Chilean Spanish is something of a running joke among the other countries in South America. Their pronunciation leaves a bit to be desired, and they use a lot of slang and colloquial dialect that other countries don't recognize easily. Meanwhile, many people believe Colombian Spanish is the best that Latin America has to offer. It is easy to understand and learn.

Good luck in whatever decision you make.
CTravel32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PittsburghSound wrote:
I've been all over South America, and the Colombians are the friendliest and most welcoming people I've met.

Paisas, yes. Bogota folk, mmmm, not so much. They are a bit more cold and even rude sometimes (transmilenio), honestly. Most honest Colombians will tell you Medellin and Antioquia are where the best people are. Even my ¨rolo¨wife (just don´t call her that to her face, she hates stupid names like that) will admit Pasias are the best! So if you land in Medellin and/or check out the coffee zone, yes you will find some very warm people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: