Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kolej Yayasan Saad Melaka

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Malaysia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grfl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Kolej Yayasan Saad Melaka Reply with quote

I believe this is a high school. Does anyone have experience with this employer?
grfl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: WARNING. SCAM CONFIRMED. Reply with quote

I had received an employment offer from:
Mr. Abi Noor Ashok (Principal)
Kolej Yayasan Saad Melaka
P.O Box 495,
75670 Ayer Keroh, Melaka,
Malaysia
Call us +60 626 3157/+60 14 3707 790 

Mr. Ashok then asked me to contact:
Malaysian Immigration Service Department
Mail: [email protected]
Mr. Idelhaj  Jamali Usman, Head of Immigration Officer

Mr. Usman subsequently sent me an invoice for an amount exceeding $2,000 US  ($9,360 MYR) for two-years employment visa, national ID card, teaching certificate, tax clearance, courier delivery service, and one year flight ticket, with instructions to make a bank transfer to a CIMB bank account.

The Malaysia Immigration service says that only the sponsor/employer can apply for the work visa. And common sense tells us that official funds would not be paid through a bank transfer to a personal account.

I have reported this to two different departments of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.

This makes two horrible experiences with employers in Malaysia. KYP then this one. It's a shame that these institutions bring such shame on Malaysia and its people.
jimmiethefish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I would just point out that this offer did not come from the school. The school is legit, but the offer isn't. This is the same scam that has been posted on a number of ESL job sites using the names and details of real schools but with false email addresses. A reputable school in Malaysia will have a .edu.my email address, in this case [email protected] . Also, in Malaysia it is the education institute's responsibility to apply for your employment visa as they must submit sensitive financial & other business information to the immigration department in support of their choice to hire an expat teacher. Any immigration department email address will be a .gov one and in Malaysia, [email protected]. A gmail or .com or similar generic email address is a red flag for a scam as well as any request for money upfront.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Malaysia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: