Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to charge for business group lesson

View previous topic :: View next topic  
re-teacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: What to charge for business group lesson Reply with quote

Hi, I am in Rome and have been asked to teach 2 consecutive one-and-a-half hour lessons one day a week at a business with 4 students in each class. What would be a reasonable hourly rate for these private business lessons? By the way, I have over 15 years of ESL teaching experience and a Master's degree in TESOL. Grazie.
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you teaching these students privately, or via a language school? Will you need to provide materials / photocopies, or will the students have books? And - are you going to invoice them via their company or get them to pay in cash? All these factors should be taken into account when it comes to pricing!
re-teacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be teaching them privately. I will ask them to pay cash. I will provide materials, ask them to make photocopies, and ask them to buy a book if we decide to use one.
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - in that case, it's very much your call. In my opinion, you should charge less per student than you would for an individual student - given that there are four in the class, so they get less one-to-one attention. But to protect your earnings, you could stipulate that they must all pay the rate - even if they don't come to class. (If the whole group cancels at, say 24-hour notice, that's a different matter.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: