Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hiring Period in Vietnam?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belmont_Travels

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Hiring Period in Vietnam? Reply with quote

Hi! I am looking at taking the CELTA Apollo course this fall. There is one course that would have me graduate around November 6 and one that ends on December 15. I have heard that most Vietnam schools hire in Nov/Dec and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on which of those ending course dates would be better? Would doing the one that ends in Dec severely limit job opportunities/I wouldn't get one at all? Or are both months relatively the same?

Also, I don't know if this matters, but I have a Master's degree and university teaching experience (Freshman English 101 and 102). I am getting the CELTA because it looks like that's a requirement for any Vietnam school regardless of my prior experience.

Thank you!
TRH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiring Period in Vietnam? Reply with quote

Belmont_Travels wrote:
I am getting the CELTA because it looks like that's a requirement for any Vietnam school regardless of my prior experience.
Good call. Reality trumps rules as written.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have heard that most Vietnam schools hire in Nov/Dec and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on which of those ending course dates would be better?

Well, this corresponds with the second semester of the school schedule that starts in Jan. The academic year starts in late August though.

The peak hiring time for language centers starts after that 2nd semester is over in May. There is a large increase in kids classes during the summer. There may be a slight bump in openings in Nov/Dec as some teachers go on holiday for Xmas/New Year.

At any rate, generally there is work to be had throughout the year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: