Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you jump?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theoriginalprankster

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Would you jump? Reply with quote

I've been in China 10+ years (teaching, degreed-ed, CELTA-ed) and I'm fed up.

I earn a good salary in Shanghai, but I'm fed up with the people, the pollution, the nonsense.

Would Vietnam be viable? Da Nang, Nah Trang? Skip the big cities (I did N-S two years ago, didn't think much of Hanoi, thought Saigon could be good, in the right locale).

What got to me in the cities was the scooter traffic.

I could just chill on the beach for a month or so: www.junglebeachvietnam.com, until I decide on the next move..

Your thoughts please?
sigmoid

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, VN's economy is doing pretty well. Many language centers are opening up throughout the country outside of HN and SGN. The market in these places is primarily teaching kids and some IELTS test prep classes. As newly opened businesses, many are small scale and not managed very well.

You can easily find Vietnamese teaching jobs by searching on the internet and you'll see a sampling of what's available. There are obviously fewer jobs outside of HN and SGN, so although you can find work in smaller cities,, your options are somewhat limited.

The big peak summer season is starting now. Demand will be high until around September. Seems to be a lot of public school work during the school year though. So in short, there's a lot of work but most of it is not very good.

If you put in the hours and live somewhat frugally, you'll get by and put some aside.
Action

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Traffic Reply with quote

Perhaps when people can afford cars is the time for real concern and moving on....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: