Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final exit checklist
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revilo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Final exit checklist Reply with quote

OK, so I'm leaving one company that has this contract for Qassim U. They tell me I don't need a LONO and I keep my iqama until my final exit and hand it to the immigration officer at the airport.

That part I understand. Now, do I get my final exit stamp put in my passport as I head out to the airplane? I've been thru this drill before, and I could not return without the LONO. The last time I left, I did not get the final exit stamp.

The reason I ask this is because I'm supposed to start with another company in Riyadh and I've already signed the contract and I have the block visa letter. I want this to go very smoothly. 6 years ago I got screwed over and I had to go to Kuwait.

I also need to add that I'm picking up a renewed passport in June and my iqama expires at the end of that month. It's like a race to get everything squared away before the iqama expires and bad things happen.
bigdurian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you hand in your Iqama at the airport. You should not have any traffic fines, owe any money, own a car.

IME, many companies don't issue a LONO, by law however, they have to issue you with a COE, which they may, but probably won't ask to see at the airport.

They stamp something in your passport. It should be easy enough to find out what it is, either by asking an Arabic reader, or going online to your Absher account. If Absher doesn't work,, then you have exited.

I live in Qassim also btw.
Leno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. As soon as someone is holding iqama, he must register on MOI website using the valid mobile number he will be using until he exits form KSA.

2. If he changes the mobile number or lost or etc, make sure to contact Immigration ( Jawazat) to register the new mobile number. MOI sends you the code everytime logging into system.

3. after registration, his traffic violations, or if his employer issues any kind of visa under his iqama number (exit final visa or, exit/re-entry for short vacation), he will recive the SMS from Jawazat. But iqama must be valid for at least 2.5-3 months before issuance of final exit visa, or else MOI systems don't allow it.

4. Final exit are valid for 59 days from the date of issue ( but employer might inform you about the exit visa with 3 days validity remaining) and upon receipt of SMS from jawazat that employer issued the exit final visa, one can save the SMS message or go to own profile at MOI, to print it out oneself.

5. Final exit is never stamped in the passport, unless one is considered a labor law violator, meaning, employer might take the expat's passport to work with jawazat employees to stamp it in your passport after a violation report in the system. sometimes, no personal reason, they just don't want non-arab foreign teachers to return again. ( salary range reason)

6. if all fails, when the employer provides a ticket for you to exit the country, Immigration counter must stamp the " exit from KSA, by air ( picture of the airplane) and date in Arabic". This passport page can be used as evidence for future visa application.
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Exit procedures are not fixed. they vary over time. Different employers do things differently. I have done "Final Exit" with different employers over a period of some decades. It was always different. The Laws of the Medes and Persians altereth not, but in KSA they do it differently !
Leno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
Final Exit procedures are not fixed. they vary over time. Different employers do things differently. I have done "Final Exit" with different employers over a period of some decades. It was always different. The Laws of the Medes and Persians altereth not, but in KSA they do it differently !

According to Saud law, employers must as a must to issue a final exit validity 59 days during iqama validity of more than 2 months.
Since no expats ever met nor talked to their Saudi company owner or Uni boss, the only way is to communicate with the guy who does the exit visa.
If the exit visa stamp is in the passport, or iqama expired, or if the Immigration issued a final exit for you, that means you might have been listed with some secret malicious reports by your employer ( company) in the labor and Immigration system with your fingerprints these days. You will be allowed to return to KSA for a future job, but you have had a complaint or 2 for some violations in the system already.so, who would want to be a second time offender or third??
scot47

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It varies with employers and over time.

I suggest the previous poster do some research on what is meant by "the laws of the Medes and Persians".
teachlife

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Final Exit Paper... Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how to print the final exit paper?

My employer has told me there was no option for him to print it when he issued it online.

I received the SMS from MOI-Jawazat.

I have tried to access it through:

https://www.eserve.com.sa/VVSWeb/actions/vvs.do

but no matter what combination I use I cannot see the visa.

Any suggestions are welcome.
bigdurian

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Final Exit Paper... Reply with quote

teachlife wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to print the final exit paper?

My employer has told me there was no option for him to print it when he issued it online.

I received the SMS from MOI-Jawazat.

I have tried to access it through:

https://www.eserve.com.sa/VVSWeb/actions/vvs.do

but no matter what combination I use I cannot see the visa.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Do it through your Absher account.
teachlife

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

Can you tell me where the option is on the Absher site.

I cannot find any option to print the final exit visa.

Thanks
revilo

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Absher Reply with quote

Can I load Absher software onto a laptop running Windows 8? I can find the final exit visa and all the notices about the iqama and print them out before I leave, right?
bigdurian

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go into your profile in Absher, you should have the option to see it there, as long as the employer has done it already.

Or go to www.moi.gov.sa on desktop, which is the same as Absher really. You should be able to see it there too.
I-forgot

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't actually need a hard copy (based on the last few months). You could take a screenshot if you are worried and cannot print.
scot47

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the areas where we can spot the difference between a reasonable employer and a ratbag. A reasonable employer will expedite this for you.
Leno

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful, many are very nasty in that country,

one western teacher was detained at the Police station then further detained in jail, and then got deported, without being given any reaosn of his arrest, probably he didnt know that his employer ( read: a Saudi or sudani or egyptian manger who was tasked with issuing visas on behalf of the company, didnt get his way in the form of money or something from that expat) issued the final exit visa on line secretly, but that expat was not given a copy nor issuance or information of the details ( validity etc) of the visa.
When the expat teacher approached Minstry of interior and Immigration or Jawazat with someone from his embassy, the officials told him to contact his employer/sponsor for any visa and refused to print out nor gave any info.
so, if your manager sudanese or saudi or egyptian asked you something prior to issuing your final exit or any exit/re-entry visa, give him what he wants. Laughing Laughing Laughing
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leno wrote:
Be careful, many are very nasty in that country,

one western teacher was detained at the Police station then further detained in jail, and then got deported, without being given any reaosn of his arrest, probably he didnt know that his employer ( read: a Saudi or sudani or egyptian manger who was tasked with issuing visas on behalf of the company, didnt get his way in the form of money or something from that expat) issued the final exit visa on line secretly, but that expat was not given a copy nor issuance or information of the details ( validity etc) of the visa. When the expat teacher approached Minstry of interior and Immigration or Jawazat with someone from his embassy, the officials told him to contact his employer/sponsor for any visa and refused to print out nor gave any info.

Since you seem to know these details and are warning others, which "nasty" employer is this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: